Frontend Developer (intern/co-op)
Job Description:As a Frontend Developer for AquaMobile, you will work on UX design and frontend improvement of our platform which instructors, customers, and admin utilize. You will work closely with the CEO and the dev team to further develop the platform and add new features critical to the continued success of AquaMobile. This is an excellent opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and work on creative dev projects.
- UX Design
- Front-end Development
- Participate in product design with CEO, operations, and creative teams
- Participate in code reviews
- Design and build new interfaces and components for our platform
- Improve the quality of the codebase via re-factoring and good design
- Solve difficult challenges (You love solving difficult bugs, and are looking for ways to optimize the way we do things)
- Investigate new technologies to drive innovation in our development and process.
- Assist our business teams in resolving internal and external customer related problems.
- Demonstrated web application development experience- with expert knowledge in JS, HTML5 and CSS3
- WordPress/PHP also helpful
- Excellent communication skills (We emphasize team collaboration)
- Good methodology behind creating amazing user workflow
- Familiarity with Agile SCRUM processes.
- Demonstrated track record of shipping quality code and delivering high quality products
About Us:AquaMobile is an award-winning, fast growing startup known as “the Uber” of at-home swim lessons. We currently operate across the US and Canada and have recently launched in Australia. AquaMobile has been featured in Forbes, Globe & Mail, Huffington Post, and Inc., to name a few. The AquaMobile Team works from a relaxed & upbeat co-working space in downtown Toronto. The team works collaboratively every day, while focusing on individual tasks or small team projects. The Toronto team also works collaboratively with AquaMobile’s virtual sales & customer service team to integrate all aspects of the business seamlessly. We are obsessed with digital and local marketing techniques to rapidly grow our business & we understand the power of the internet. Most of all we care about teaching more people to swim, be safe around water, and gain confidence through sport.
- High performer: You’re not a 9-to-5er but a project completer
- Thirst for knowledge: You’re driven to constantly learn and self improve
- Problem Solver: You will solve problems and be immediately effective, contributing to AquaMobile’s direction
- Passion: You’re enthusiastic about what AquaMobile does and focused on achieving AquaMobile’s goals
- Responsible: You effectively manage your schedule to achieve amazing amounts of important work
- Attention to Detail: Your friends call you “eagle eye” because nothing slips past you!
- Opportunities to advance quickly: If you can grow your skills and abilities as the company grows, you can move up quickly
- Interesting & diverse work: You will never be bored!
- Casual dress code: We like to be comfortable while we work
- Team socials: We like to have fun!
- Downtown Core office: We are located in Toronto’s financial district