Full Stack DeveloperAbout Us: AquaMobile is an award-winning, rapidly growing start-up known as “the Uber” of at-home swim lessons. We currently operate across Ontario, BC and throughout 25 US states with over 1500 swim instructors on our roster, making us the largest company of our kind in North America. AquaMobile has been featured in Forbes, Globe & Mail, Huffington Post, and Inc., to name a few. Our team works from a relaxed & upbeat coworking space in downtown Toronto (St. Lawrence Market). The team works collaboratively every day, while focusing on individual tasks or small team projects.
- High performer: You’re not a 9-to-5er but a project completer;
- Thirst for knowledge: You’re driven to constantly learn and self-improve;
- Problem Solver: You will solve problems and be immediately effective, contributing to AquaMobile’s direction;
- Passion: You’re enthusiastic about what AquaMobile does and focused on achieving AquaMobile’s goals;
- Responsible: You effectively manage your schedule to achieve amazing amounts of important work;
- Attention to Detail: Your friends call you “eagle eye” because nothing slips past you!
Job Description:As a Full Stack Developer for AquaMobile, you will oversee and lead the majority of the web development of our platform which instructors, customers, and admin utilize. You will work closely with the CEO to further develop the platform and add new features critical to the continued success of AquaMobile. You will also lead any other developers that need to be brought on as contractors for various dev projects. This is an excellent opportunity to take on a lot of responsibility and work on creative dev projects.
- Develop our user platform
- Participate in Front-end Development and Back-end Development (we use MEAN Stack - Angular/Express.js/Node.js/MongoDB)
- Participate in product design with CEO, operations and creative teams
- Participate in code reviews
- Design and build new interfaces and components for our platform
- Improve the quality of the codebase via re-factoring and good design
- Solve difficult challenges (you love solving difficult bugs, and are looking for ways to optimize the way we do things)
- Investigate new technologies to drive innovation in our development and process
- Assist our business teams in resolving internal and external customer related problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- 3-5 + years of web application development experience, with expert knowledge in Angular, JS, MongoDB, HTML5 and CSS3 (WordPress/PHP also helpful)
- Excellent communication skills (we emphasize team collaboration)
- Experience with Relational database
- Good methodology behind creating amazing user workflow
- Familiarity with Agile SCRUM processes
- Track record of shipping quality code and delivering high-quality products
- Interesting & Diverse Work: You will never be bored!
- Casual Dress Code: We like to be comfortable while we work!
- Team Socials: We like to have fun!
- Downtown Core Office: We are located in the beautiful St. Lawrence Market area, one of Toronto’s best neighbourhoods!