If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Mansfield
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Three-year certification, but you have to take a CPR refresher course every year. Courses are available at Australia Wide First Aid or St. John Ambulance Queensland.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: A certification from the Royal Lifesaving Society that needs to be renewed annually. Take since classes at Mount Gravatt East Aquatic Centre.
- Access to reliable transportation: Brisbane Transport (BUZ has buses leaving every 15 minutes throughout the city and surrounding suburbs such as Mansfield. CItyGlider is a prepaid bus service that operates 24 hours a day. Clem7 is a bus route linking to Eight Miles Plains and Chermside), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Mahajan Taxi Management, 13 Cabs, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Mansfield
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Mansfield Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Mansfield.
Mount Gravatt East Aquatic Centre
Cnr Wecker Rd & Newnham Rd, Mansfield, QLD 4122, Australia
Check out the suburb’s main swimming centre. There’s an outdoor pool and a year-round indoor swimming pool that offers a variety of courses. When summer arrives, the Royal Lifesaving Society offers Lifeguard Training, CPR/AED and First Aid Training.
QLD Scuba Services
2/28 Devlan St, Mansfield QLD 4122, Australia
If you’re looking for services, equipment or scuba certifications, check out this local shop. The team will clean your pool or fish tanks or give you the equipment to do so. The team also offers tours that help you improve your underwater swimming skills.
Mansfield Swimming Club
174 Ham Rd, Mansfield, QLD 4122, Australia
Here’s a high school swim team that participates in regional, state and national meets. If your child goes to the high school across the street, they can start their swimming career. The team also offers an opportunity for older swimmers to mentor the next generation.
CPR First Aid Training
516 Newnham Rd, Upper Mount Gravatt QLD 4122, Australia
Swim instructors and lifeguards need their CPR and First Aid certificates. If you need a new certificate or have to renew it, come to this emergency training school. Classes are small, so instructors can give you one-on-one attention and answer any questions you may have.
UQ Swim Club
Cnr Blair Dr and Union Rd The University of Queensland, St Lucia QLD 4067, Australia
If you’re a University of Queensland student, who loves swimming, try out for the swim team! Swimming at the collegiate level prepares you for a career in the pool. The pool is massive and plays hosts the Corporate Relay Challenge annually.
Swimming Careers in Mansfield
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Mansfield.
- University Swim Coach: Motivate collegiate level swimmers to be the best they can be close to Mansfield! You will be your team’s number one fan by creating drills, suggesting areas for improvement and more. Griffith University and the University of Queensland are hiring.
- Swim School Manager: Take on this administration role if you love helping others learn how to swim. You’ll organize lesson times, sign students up and train new swim instructors. Stanford Swim School in Brisbane and Shapland Swim Schools is also looking for swim teachers.
- Children’s Swim Teacher: If you love working with kids, babies and toddlers, you’ll love this job. You will help the little ones adjust their first time in the pool and learn basic swim and self-rescue skills. Most jobs aren’t far from Mansfield either. The YMCA of Brisbane needs instructors at all locations.
- Pool Service Technician: Fix pools across Mansfield and Brisbane when summer rolls around. This is a trade you can learn with on-the-job training. You’ll fix pipes, chemically balance pools and perform general maintenance. Find a job at Jim’s Pool Care Wishart or Reece Irrigation and Pools.
- Gym Swim Instructor: Act as a personal trainer in the pool! You will create aquatic exercise routines for triathletes, competitive swimmers and novice swimmers. Mount Gravatt East Aquatic Centre and Club Lime Norman Park are hiring.