If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Beaumont
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year Canadian Red Cross or Lifesaving Society certification from a local organization such as St. John Ambulance or Breath For Life Inc.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Pass the appropriate practical and written exams with at least 80% to get your valid certification from one of the previously mentioned organizations. Classes are available from the City of Beaumont or the Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre.
- Access to reliable transportation: Beaumont Transit (bus system that offers six stops to and from Heritage Valley Transit Centre), Uber//Lyft (rideshare services), cab (AAA Taxi Beaumont and Nisku, Beaumont and Nisku Taxi, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Beaumont
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Beaumont Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Beaumont.
City of Beaumont Aquatics
5001 Rue Eaglemont, Beaumont, AB T4X 0H9, Canada
The city offers classes at nearby facilities, including the Beaumont Sport and Recreation Centre. There are swimming lessons for kids and Aquatic Leadership courses for adults. The Lifesaving Society’s Lifeguard training program covers CPR, First Aid and basic rescue skills.
Edmonton Olympian Swim Club
9100 Walterdale Hill NW #108, Edmonton, AB T6E 2V3, Canada
Most competitive swimmers get their start at this club that’s known for producing Olympians. For those looking to train at the elite level, joining this club is a great choice. Competitions are medley-based, which allows swimmers to try out every stroke.
Move Play Learn Edmonton
1 Sir Winston Churchill Sq, Edmonton, AB T5J 2R7, Canada
The city offers a variety of courses for swim instructors. Courses are all accredited by the Red Cross or Lifesaving Society. Classes include CPR/AED, First Aid, Lifeguarding and Water Safety Instructor (WSI). Pick the one that suits you best, depending on if you’re a swim instructor or lifeguard.
MacEwan University Sports and Wellness
104 Avenue NW, Edmonton, AB T5J 4S2, Canada
Lifeguards have a big selection of courses here. This includes certificates from the Bronze Cross in Aquatic Emergency Care. The course helps you keep a drowning victim safe until emergency services arrive.
Edmonton Aquamaster Artistic Swimming Club
11665 109 St NW S030, Edmonton, AB T5G 2T8, Canada
Get in sync with your artistic side by practicing synchronized swimming with this team. You can learn a new sport and swim at a competitive level. What could be better than that!?
Swimming Careers in Beaumont
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Beaumont.
- Lifeguard Instructor: After being a lifeguard for a while, you might want to pass your knowledge on to others. Facilities throughout Beaumont need lifeguard instructors to train and supervise their staff. The City of Leduc and the City of Beaumont hire people for this position.
- Aquatic Biologist: If you have a keen interest in fish and underwater wildlife, you’ll enjoy this job. You will assess wetlands, write reports and research solutions to improve the environment. With a biology degree in hand, you can work remotely in Beaumont for CORE Geomatics in Edmonton.
- Day Camp Lifeguard: Work with kids in the pool all day. Your job is to monitor swimmers, perform rescues and keep the pool area clean. Most jobs are a short drive from Beaumont. You can work at the YMCA of Northern Alberta or Camp Maskepetoon in Edmonton.
- Aquatic Service Person: Join a city’s recreation and parks department for the swimming season. In Beaumont, you’ll be cleaning pool areas, maintaining filter systems and performing routine maintenance. You can work for the City of Edmonton.
- Water Slide Attendant: Spend your workday at the waterpark as a slide attendant. Responsibilities include cleaning supervising the slides and answering guest questions. West Edmonton Mall hires for this position and is a short drive away from Beaumont.