If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Laval
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year certification from the Canadian Red Cross or Saint Jean Ambulance. Premiers Soins and First Aid Central both offer courses.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Pass the Canadian Red Cross or Lifesaving Society written and practical exams to get a valid certification. Take courses at NatAction or Parc Olympique.
- Access to reliable transportation: Societe de transport de Laval (bus and metro system that runs throughout Laval and connects to cities like Montreal and Longueuil), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Co-Op Laval, Taxi Chomedey, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Laval
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Laval Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Laval.
Laval Swimming Club
3235 Boul Saint-Martin Est #207, Laval, QC H7E 5G8, Canada
The city’s swim club hosts water polo games, diving competitions, recreational and lap swimming and has a synchronized swimming team. The Aqua Fitness program is good for the joints and toning your muscles. Swimmers of all ages come here to get active in the pool.
800 Bd Chomedey, Laval, QC H7V 3Y4, Canada
Get the lifesaving skills you need at this emergency training school. There are in-class and online courses available. CPR/AED Levels A-C, Emergency First Aid and Standard First Aid are taught at this location. The instructors also offer renewal courses once two years pass.
Center Sportif Parc-Olympique
4545 Pierre-de Coubertin Ave, Montreal, QC H1V 3N7, Canada
Take in swimming at the 1976 Montreal Olympic Stadium. Whether you’re learning to swim, dive or become a lifeguard, you’ll certainly be amazed. Bronze Medallion, Bronze Cross, First Aid and Rescue Training will give you everything you need to be a successful lifeguard.
YMCA du Parc - Les YMCA Du Quebec
5550 Park Ave, Montreal, QC H2V 4H1, Canada
Train at this gym. Swimming in the lanes will prepare you for your next competition and make you a better swimmer. While you’re here, you might as well get your CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding certifications too.
McGill Athletics and Recreation
475 Pine Ave W, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1S4, Canada
This university has a swim team and offers a pool and gym. Try out for the team to compete against teams from other schools and see how fast you can go. The spirit of competition is a great motivator when it comes to getting active. Lifeguard training is available in the summertime.
Swimming Careers in Laval
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Laval.
- Sports Camp Aquatic Staff Member: If you love working with kids, this is the job for you. While working at the sports camp, you will act as a lifeguard and help new swimmers in the “learn to swim” area. McGill University and the YMCA of Quebec need team members from Laval.
- Health Club Attendant: While working at the gym poo, you will take on a variety of tasks. Duties include cleaning and wiping down surfaces and enforcing pool rules. Holiday Inn Laval and Best Western Laval-Montreal want you!
- Port Inspection Diver: Serve your country when you dive into this exciting career! You will inspect jetties and ships, take pictures underwater and perform other duties. Join the Canadian Armed Forces in Laval today.
- Windsurfing Instructor: This exciting water sport takes a while to get a hang of. If you’re a windsurfing expert, why not share your knowledge with others? Maeva Surf and Club Med in Montreal are always looking for enthusiastic instructors.
- Pool Technician Assistant: All that’s required for this position is the desire to learn. You will work alongside an expert in fixing and maintaining swimming pools in the community. You can work at Laval shops such as Piscine Banville or Repairs Pool Laval Inc.