If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Chandler
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Obtain a two-year certification that’s accredited by an organization such as the American Heart Organization. Take classes at East Valley CPR or Staying Alive LLC.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: You can get a valid Water Safety Instructor or Lifeguarding certification from community organizations such as Swan Aquatics or StarGuard Lifeguard Training offered by the City of Chandler.
- Access to reliable transportation: Valley Metro Bus Service (bus routes operate every day through the valley and connect to METRO light rail, which connects from Mesa to Tempe and Phoenix), scooter or bike rentals (privately owned and not operated by the city), Lyft (rideshare app partnered with city), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Chandler
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Chandler Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Chandler.
City of Chandler Aquatics Office
650 E Ryan Rd, Chandler, AZ 85286, United States
Here’s the city’s hub for all things swimming. Connect with your city to find lifeguarding and swim instructor jobs. After all, they own the majority of the swimming pools in your area.
Chandler/Gilbert Family YMCA
1655 W Fyre Rd, Chandler, AZ 86224, United States
There’s a huge outdoor pool at this gym. Practice swimming laps in the lanes to improve your speed and technique. You can also get your CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding certifications here as well.
Chandler Parks and Recreation
215 E Buffalo St, Chandler, AZ 85225, United States
Visit this office to find all the courses you need to become a lifeguard in Chandler. You can access intensive lifeguard training programs that give you a certification from the American Red Cross.
Gold Medal Swim Club
6909 W Ray Rd UNIT 27, Chandler, AZ 85226, United States
Kids often start in this club and join the competitive team once they get older. There are swimming lessons as well as an Olympic training team. This shows swimmers what’s needed to reach the top.
East Valley CPR
2221 W Pecos RD STE 6, Chandler, AZ 85224, United States
The classes offered are good for lifeguards, swim instructors and medical professionals. The CPR/AED and First Aid certificate is awarded by the American Heart Association at the end of the course.
Swimming Careers in Chandler
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Chandler.
- Lifeguard Supervisor: Work as a lifeguard in a fast-paced environment such as Great Wolf Lodge or at one of the City of Chandler pools. As an experienced lifeguard, you train new guards and help coach them to be the best they can be. This is all done with a smile and keeping everyone safe.
- Water Aerobics Instructor: There’s nothing better than getting everyone moving in the water! Work the morning shift at your local YMCA or institution like Desert Swim School. You will plan water workouts that exercise the joints and get the blood flowing.
- Kids’ Swimming Coach: It’s always fun to work with kids. Watch the little ones grow and be a part of their introduction to competitive swimming. Jobs can be found at local clubs like Aspire Kids Sports Center and Arizona Aquatic Club.
- Pool Slide Attendant: This job comes with plenty of perks including free meals and travel discounts. You will be required to provide information to guests about both the game room and waterpark and monitor the rides. This job is available at hotels like Sheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa and Great Wolf Lodge.
- Summer Camp Aquatics Director: Work with camp counselors to schedule events and activities for the kids. Your job is to make sure everyone is having fun in the pool by making sure it’s safe for swimming and planning games. Camp Hubbard and the Summer Camp Advisory Team LLC hire this position.