If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Bakersfield
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Get your two-year American Red Cross certification from a local provider such as California State University or Bakersfield College
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certifications: Possess the previously mentioned certification and pass your course accredited course with 80% or better and renew every two years at an institution like Lifeguard Pro or the Lifeguard Academy course at McMurtry Aquatic Center.
- Access to reliable transportation: Amtrak ( a train service that connects the city to Los Angeles County and a bus system that connects to San Joaquin Valley and Southern California), Kern Transit (bus system that you can book on-demand to take you where you need to be in the Bakersfield area), personal car, bike
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Bakersfield
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Bakersfield Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Bakersfield.
Bakersfield Aquatics Club
1801 Panorama Dr, Bakersfield, Ca 93305, United States
Come join this accredited swim team that has ties with the USA Swimming Association. It’s good for novices entering the world of competitive swimming and for those who already have a passion for the pool.
North of the River Recreation and Park District
3825 Riverlakes Dr, Bakersfield, CA 93312, United States
Attend a few sessions at this facility to get or renew your lifeguard certification. With a certification under your belt, you will be able to save lives and perform CPR and First Aid.
4315 Gelding Way, Bakersfield, CA 93312, United States
Head over to this education company that offers classes in CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding. After passing the appropriate tests, you will have all the knowledge you need to save lives.
Bakersfield Swim Academy
3311 Allen Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93314, United States
This impressive swim school offers programming for all ages and abilities. It was founded by 2004 Olympic bronze medalist, Gabe Woodward. There are fitness classes available for adults and competitive swimmers.
Mid Town CPR Training
101 Real Rd, Bakersfield, CA 93309, United States
This company has you covered when it comes to certifications. Their First Aid and CPR training programs are accredited by the American Red Cross.
Swimming Careers in Bakersfield
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Bakersfield.
- Fitness Swim Teacher: While working at a health club, you will show others how to get active in the water. Water fitness is a great way to get moving. Job opportunities in Bakersfield at In-Shape Health Clubs.
- Pool Cleaner: A clean pool is the best type to swim in. In this role, you go from home to home making everyone’s pool or spa look spic and span along the way. You can work at Poolside Pool Supply in Bakersfield.
- Waterfront Director: There’s always plenty going on by the water’s edge. Your job is to oversee events that happen on the lake or in the pool and to train other staff members as needed. You'll find work at one of Concordia College's many summer camps in Bakersfield.
- Waterpark Lifeguard: Watch as everyone has fun with the many attractions that the park has on offer. You will supervise patrons and make sure they are staying safe. Additionally, you should make sure everything is in working order. McMurtey Aquatic Center needs lifeguards to supervise its pools and splash park.
- Beach Lifeguard: Watch over the beach from that high chair you see in every movie. There’s always plenty going on at the beach. So this job requires you to be vigilant! In Bakersfield, you can work at River Oaks Park.