If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Newport Beach
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Complete a two-year certification approved by the American Heart Association. Check out courses from SurefireCPR or Pico Rivera CPR.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard: Get your American Red Cross certification after passing the written and practical exams with a score of at least 80%. Check out Streamline and Safe Swim for courses.
- Access to reliable transportation: Orange County Bus Service (bus system that goes through and serves Newport Beach, Balboa Island and Corona del Mar), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Newport Beach Cab Service, Cheapest Car Service in Newport Beach, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Newport Beach
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Newport Beach Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Newport Beach.
Newport-Mesa Family YMCA
2300 Univesity Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660, United States
Head over to the outdoor pool to practice swimming while overlooking the bay below. This place is good for more than swimming laps. Take some classes in CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding to get all the certifications you need to work this season!
Newport Beach Fire-Lifeguard
70 Newport Pier, Newport Beach, CA 92663, United States
This crew of lifeguards can help you with anything you need. These are great people to mingle with and build connections in the community with. You can also ask them about job opportunities because they train lifeguards and are always looking for new team members.
City of Newport Beach Recreation
100 Civic Center Dr, Newport Beach, CA 92660, United States
The city is always looking for new lifeguards. After all, there are many water attractions in Newport Beach. As the summer approaches, the city offers an American Red Cross Lifeguard training program that includes CPR and First Aid certification.
Harbour View Swim Team
1854 Port Westbourne Pl, Newport Beach, CA 92660, United States
Join this swim team that practices at the community pool of the same name. The team is competitive and competes against other local teams. If you’re looking to brush up on your skills, check them out!
CMAC Master Swimming
2323 Placentia Ave, Costa Mesa, CA 92627, United States
You must be a USA Masters Swimming member to join this team that competes at the national level. Competing will help you refine your technique and learn some new skills. Try out and see if you have what it takes to be a top swimmer!
Swimming Careers in Newport Beach
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Newport Beach.
- Resort Lifeguard: Keep everyone safe while they’re on holiday. Work at a resort such as Balboa Bay Resort or Great Wolf Lodge in Newport Beach. You will surely love exploring your passion this way.
- Harbor Service Worker: Newport Beach is at the center of many busy ports making a job like this easy to find. You will be working on the frontlines of one of Newport Beach’s harbors. You will provide people with information and help with overseeing the operation of the marina.
- Pool Bartender: Work by the poolside serving cold drinks day and night. In Newport Beach, Lido House, Autograph Collection and Mariott Hotels hire this position. If you’re interested in tourism and love the water, try this one out!
- AquaFitness Instructor: If you’re passionate about helping others live a healthy and active lifestyle, you’ll love this job. You will coach your students through various exercises at a facility such as the YMCA of Orange County or Equinox Fitness Club.
- Hull Cleaner/Diver: This job is an exciting opportunity for people who love diving or want to get into it. Training will be provided at companies such as Executive Yacht Group in Newport Beach. This job is all about cleaning the parts of a boat that you don’t see!