If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Pleasanton
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Get your two-year certification from an organization approved by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. Patterson CPR Training and Dublin CPR both offer classes.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Find a certification course that’s approved by the American Red Cross. The Dolores Bengtson Aquatic Center and the City of Pleasanton have classes available.
- Access to Reliable Transportation: Wheels Bus (city-wide bus system that has stops in Pleasanton, Dublin and Livermore), Bay Area Rapid Transit (bus line that offers five lines to bigger surrounding cities such as San Francisco and San Jose), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cabs (Charity Cab, Desoto Cab Co., etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for swimming
Become a swimming instructor in Pleasanton
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Pleasanton Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Pleasanton.
Dolores Bengston Aquatic Center
4455 Black Ave, Pleasanton, CA 94566, United States
Besides its awesome outdoor pool, you will find a variety of classes at this swimming center. Classes in First Aid, CPR and Lifeguarding are available here. Courses are accredited by the American Red Cross.
Bay Club Pleasanton
7090 Johnson Dr, Pleasanton, CA94588, United States
If you love to compete, you’re in the right place! There’s an adult masters swim that uses U.S. Masters Swimming workouts. It’s designed to help swimmers improve fitness and train for competitions like triathlons.
Patterson CPR Training
275 Rose #218, Pleasanton, CA 94566, United States
Gain the lifesaving skills you need to perform your job safely and correctly. Get your CPR and First Aid certification from an American Red Cross provider. Simulation training will help you get a feel for things.
Dublin Aquatic Center
4201 Central Pkwy, Dublin, CA 94568, United States
There’s plenty of space to swim and get your certifications at this swimming center. Complete CPR, First Aid and Lifeguard training here. You will receive two-year certifications from the American Red Cross.
City of San Ramon
7000 Bollinger Canyon Rd, San Ramon, CA 94583, United States
Get your lifeguarding certification from this city that’s only a 15-minute drive away. You will gain practical skills like CPR and First Aid as well. It’s a great opportunity to get a certification that lasts two years.
Swimming Careers in Pleasanton
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Pleasanton.
- Aquatics Coordinator: Here’s a job title that comes with lots of responsibilities in Pleasanton. While working for The Bay Club Company or the City of Pleasanton, you will hire, train and supervise aquatic staff. In-depth knowledge of swimming is required!
- Permit Coordinator: If you’re good with numbers and visuals, this is the position for you. In Pleasanton, Adams Pool Solutions and Leslies are looking for people to create swimming pool blueprints that are practical and within budget.
- Summer Day Camp Lifeguard: Working at a camp is great fun if you love kids. You will be responsible for supervising and helping children who get injured in the water. KE Camps and Golden Eagle require this role in Pleasanton.
- Aquatics Supervisor: Here’s a multi-faceted job that the right person is sure to love. You will oversee the activities of Splash Swim School in San Ramon, which is about 15 minutes away from Pleasanton. You will be a swim teacher and train new ones.
- Pool Attendant: Watch over the pool and make sure everything looks neat and clean at this job. Arcis Golf in Pleasanton hires this position that’s all about making others happy.