If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Littleton
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year certification from an accredited organization such as the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Take courses at Colorado Cardiac CPR and First Aid Training or South Denver CPR.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Obtain a valid certification after passing the American Red Cross practical and written exams with 80% or higher. Take a Streamline Health course at Lilley Gulch Recreation Center or Ridge Recreation Center.
- Access to reliable transportation: RTD Denver (light rail and bus system that makes stops in Littleton as well as surrounding cities in Jefferson County), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Taxi Amie LLC, Green Taxi Cooperative, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Littleton
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Littleton Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Littleton.
Foothills Master Swim Team
6612 S. Ward St, Littleton, CO 80127, United States
Join this competitive swim team that specializes in training adults. The team practices four times per week at Ridge Recreation Center Pool. Workouts are 45-60 minutes long and participants must know three or more strokes.
Littleton Family YMCA
11 W Dry Creek Ct, Littleton, CO 80120, United States
Take a variety of courses at this local gym. The American Red Cross Lifeguarding certificate will help you prevent and respond to water emergencies. The class format is a combination of online and in-person learning. Upon completion, you’ll receive a two-year certificate.
A-1 Scuba & Travel Aquatic Center
1603 W Belleview Ave, Littleton, CO 80120, United States
Check out this scuba and swimming center. It’s the largest diving center in Colorado. As a swim instructor, you know the importance of breathing underwater. Choose from Deep Diving, Rescue Diver and Navigation Diver courses at this facility. These certifications can be a great help.
Colorado Cardiac CPR and First Aid Training
7261 S Broadway #121, Littleton, CO 80122, United States
Learn the essential skills of CPR and First Aid from a couple of experts. The classes are taught by local firefighters, who are passionate about their work. Upon completion, you’ll receive a two-year American Red Cross certification.
South Denver CPR
7190 S Chase Ct, Littleton, CO 80128, United States
Support a local business by taking your CPR and First Aid course here. The classes are small, which means you’ll have more learning opportunities and chances to ask questions. You’ll receive a two-year American Red Cross certificate once you complete the course.
Swimming Careers in Littleton
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Littleton.
- Private Pool Manager: Front Range Recreation is looking for pool managers in Littleton and surrounding areas. These swimming pools can be found on private properties such as condos and townhouse complexes. You’ll be responsible for welcoming guests, opening and closing the pool and general maintenance.
- Swim Camp Director: As a swim camp director, you’ll be in charge of everything that happens in and out of the pool. This includes organizing activities, training instructors and lifeguards and other duties. Waterworks Aquatics is hiring in Littleton and Highlands Ranch.
- Family Swim Coordinator: This job is available at local gyms and recreational facilities. In this role, you’ll act as a lifeguard, plan activities and schedule events. Find work at the Littleton Family YMCA or Life Time in Denver.
- Beach Lifeguard: Spend your day working in the sun this summer. As a beach lifeguard, you’ll monitor the beach from your chair, perform rescues and keep visitors safe. Littleton is a short drive from Aurora, which has a large beach that needs help during the busy season.
- Deck Assistant: If you love making people happy and helping others, this is the job for you. You will make sure everyone is safe on the pool deck and be willing to learn. Jobs are fairly close to Littleton too. Work at the Columbine Country Club or Colorado Swim School.