If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Greenwich
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First AId & CPR certification: Two-year certification from the American Red Cross from a local provider such as Code One CPR Training or Greenwich Emergnecy Medical Service Inc.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Get a valid American Red Cross certification after passing the proper written and practical exams. Take classes at the YMCA of Greenwich or Greenwich Swim School.
- Access to reliable transportation: Norwalk Transit District (bus system that has seven stops throughout the town and a train system that brings commuters to New York), Uber/Lyft (rideshare service), cab (Greenwich Transportation, iDriveYourCar of Greenwich, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Greenwich
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Greenwich Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Greenwich.
YMCA of Greenwich
50 E Putnam Ave, Greenwich, CT 06830, United States
Come swimming in this gym’s Olympic-sized pool. There are times reserved for lap swimming and a variety of classes available. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Training program covers CPR, First Aid and essential rescue techniques. You can get your Water Safety Instructor (WSI) certification here too.
The Bailiwick Club
12 Duncan Dr, Greenwich, CT 06831, United States
This private swim club is fantastic for all ages. There are swimming lessons and teams for kids and other programs for adults. You can get your CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding certificates as well. The club’s website has all the information you need to book your certification classes.
The Ski & Scuba Connection
26 St Roch Ave, Greenwich, CT 06830, United States
Learning to dive can make you a better swimmer, so it’s worth looking into certifications. This shop provides you with the information you need to succeed in open water. Learn from a professional instructor and get your PADI Open Water Diver certification at this reputable shop.
135 East Ave, Norwalk, CT 06854, United States
If you own a public pool or swimming facility, you’ll need your Aquatic Facility Operator certificate. You’ll learn the essentials such as filtration, disinfection, water testing and more. The two-day course will prepare you to keep your facility safe, clean and fun!
Code One CPR Training
29 Bank St, Stamford, CT 06854, United States
As a swim instructor, you never know when someone will need rescuing. That’s why getting your CPR and First Aid certification is important. Take classes at this emergency training center to get your two-year American Red Cross certification.
Swimming Careers in Greenwich
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Greenwich.
- Head Swimming Instructor: As a certified Water Safety Instructor (WSI), you love teaching others. In this role, you will teach swimming lessons at one of Greenwich’s community swimming pools. Additionally, you will train new instructors.
- Pool Director: This swimming job requires you to take charge and help maintain a swim club. You will enforce club rules, chemically balance the pool and act as a representative at swim meets. Job opportunities are available at the Field Club of Greenwich.
- Dock Master: Greenwich is a seaside town, so you can naturally find jobs on the waterfront. You will monitor the docks, haul and store boats, enforce the local laws and more. Jobs are regulated by the city and available at Greenwich Harbor.
- Aquarium Specialist: Do you love fish and taking care of them. If you’re experienced with maintaining aquariums or studied marine biology, you’ll love this job. You will clean the aquariums, monitor the health of the fish and feed them. Apply to House of Fins in Greenwich.
- Competitive Swim Coach: Help your students reach their full potential as a competitive swim coach in Greenwich. You will suggest different techniques, help swimmers build endurance and more. Work at Sweet Blue Swim Academy in nearby Stamford or Goldfish Swim School.