If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Panama City Beach
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date Frist Aid & CPR certification: Obtain a two-year certification recognized by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross. Find courses at SMRT Florida or Traveling Heart CPR.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Pass an American Red Cross course’s practical and written exams with a grade of at least 80%. Try courses from Gulf Coast State College or the city.
- Access to reliable transportation: Bay Town Trolley (bus system that travels between Panama City Beach, Springfield, Callaway and surrounding areas), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Emerald Taxi, We Evolve Toward Love LLC), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Panama City Beach
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Panama City Beach Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Panama City Beach.
Panama City Swim Team
16200 Panama City Beach Pkwy, Panama City Beach, FL 32413, United States
Try out for this competitive swim team! There are different divisions for each skill level. The Senior Group is ideal for long-time swimmers looking for a challenge. These swimmers compete at the national level. Practices take place at Frank Brown Park and Mosley High School.
Panama City Beach Safety Team
20800 Panama City Beach Pkwy, Panama City Beach, FL 32413, United States
This group of lifeguards keeps the city’s main beach safe and fun for everyone. It’s run by the local fire department and offers jobs and training to up and coming lifeguards. Courses and lifeguards are both certified by the American Red Cross.
Red Alert Diving
1519 Moylan Rd, Panama City Beach, FL 32407, United States
If you’re interested in a career in diving or learning the basics, this is the place for you. Courses such as PADI Advanced Open Water, Rescue Diver, Divemaster and Assistant Instructor are available. Ready for a deep-sea adventure? Dive into a class today!
203 N Arnold Rd, Suite C HWY 79, Panama City Beach, FL 32413, United States
Getting your CPR and First Aid certification is an essential part of becoming a swim instructor or lifeguard. This facility offers hands-on training to prepare you for a variety of scenarios. Once you’re done, you will receive a two-year certification.
Gulf Coast State College Athletics
5230 US-96, Panama City, FL 32401, United States
Take your pick from one of the many programs offered by the school’s athletic department. There’s scuba training, swim lessons, lifeguard training and a swim team. Whether you’re looking for a certification or competing, you’ll enjoy your time here.
Swimming Careers in Panama City Beach
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Panama City Beach.
- Beach Attendant: Work on and take in the views of the beach daily in this exciting role. You will clean and maintain properties close to the water. Panama City Beach is a tourist destination, so applying to Holiday Beach Rentals or Hilton Inc. is a good idea.
- Waterfront Director: Manage the lifeguard schedule and assign groups to the swim instructors at summer camp in Panama City Beach. You will also be a swim teacher yourself. CampHire and Camp Equinunk have jobs available.
- Beach Night Watchman: What better place to work security than at the beach. Stand under the moonlight on Panama City Beach’s dock and make sure visitors come and go appropriately. Yulista Holding LLC has positions available.
- Condo Maintenance Pool Tech: Monitor water quality, replace pumps and filters and more when you try this hands-on job. Edgewater Beach Resort Management hires techs at its resort in Panama City Beach.
- Water Park Lifeguard: Spend your day watching people have fun at a water park like Shipwreck Island Waterpark in Panama City Beach. You’ll be responsible for watching customers go down the rides, saving people and reacting in emergencies.