If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Athens
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year certification from a provider approved by the American Heart Organization, the American Red Cross or the National Safety Council from a local organization such as Athens CPR and Safety or Nationwide CPR.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Completion of a valid American Red Cross certification from a local provider such as the Athens YMCA or Summer Hill Recreation.
- Access to reliable transportation: University of Georgia buses (free for everyone has 11 routes that go to the college during the week), Athen Transit (operates buses on a loop with 30 routes throughout the city and costs $1.75 per ride) Uber/Lyft, taxi, personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Athens
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Athens Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Athens.
University of Georgia Athletics
101 Herty Dr., Athens, GA 30602, United States
If you are a competitive swimmer or diver, this is the place to be. The Georgia Bulldogs, also called the “Swim Dawgs,” have a big reputation on the national stage. The women’s team has won seven NCAA national championships.
915 Hawthorne Ave, Athens, GA 30606, United States
Take a lifeguarding course at this facility. You will gain both practical and mental knowledge during this course that has in-pool and written components. In the end, you will become a certified Red Cross lifeguard.
562 Research Dr, Athens, GA 30605, United States
Become a lifeguard at a non-waterfront pool with a certificate from the American Red Cross. There are options to get certified for the first time or become recertified as a lifeguard at this location.
Athens CPR and Safety
1865 W Broad St Suite E, Athens, GA 30606, United States
Enroll in a variety of courses at this education center. When you take CPR classes here, you will become certified by the American Heart Association and the American Red Cross. These certifications are good for swimmers and healthcare providers.
330 River Rd, Athens, GA 30605, United States
Come to this facility to brush up on your swimming and diving skills. The local university’s team also practices here. If you’re up for some competition, you should try out for the team.
Swimming Careers in Athens
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Athens.
- Aviation Rescue Swimmer: Serve your country by swimming in Athens. You will learn how to be an EMT in the water on the job. This is a good way to get your foot in the door if you plan on joining the military. You can get this job by enlisting in the Navy.
- Pool Clerk: Talk to people and be close to the pool all day at this job. Help others make their way over to the pool and then go for a swim when your work is done. The City of Athens and the University of Georgia are looking for applicants to fill this role.
- Swim Camp Coach: Here is a job that allows you to work with kids and spend most of your time in the water. Motivate little ones as they splash around in the pool while smiling and laughing. In Athens, you should try applying for this job at your local YMCA or a swim team like the Georgia Bulldogs.
- Pool Grill Worker: Enjoy the smell of some amazing foods as you take in the relaxing atmosphere of the pool. Duties include serving, interacting with guests and cooking. The Athens Country Club and the Marriott hotel are usually looking for cooks.
- Ship Captain: What could be better than spending a whole day out on the open water? There isn’t much that could beat that. How about steering a ship and making plenty of friends along the way? There are a few cruiselines like Downeast Windjammer Cruises and Reynolds Lake Oconee looking for captains in Athens.