If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Mendham
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year American Red Cross or American Heart Association certification from a local course provider such as Mendham Township First Aid Squad and EMC CPR and Safety Training LLC>
- Swim Instructor./Lifeguard certification: Pass the written and oral exams to get an American Red Cross certification from a local organization like Summit Area YMCA or Elite Tactical Academy.
- Access to reliable transportation: New Jersey Transit Corporation (regional bus system that travels between Mendham and other nearby cities like Randolph and Morristown), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Morristown Taxi Enterprises, Need Ride Now Taxi, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Mendham
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Mendham Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Mendham.
The Club at Mendham
90 E Main St, Mendham Township, NJ 07945, United States
The outdoor pool at this private swim club is perfect for all ages. There’s a kids’ swim club and lessons. Additionally, there are water fitness classes such as pool yoga and aqua aerobics. As a swim instructor or lifeguard, you can take these classes to stay in shape and improve endurance.
Mendham Township First Aid Squad
1 Cherry Ln, Brookside, NJ 07826, United States
Here’s a volunteer group that cares about its community. Besides offering pre-hospital emergency medical care, they also offer American Red CPR/AED and First Aid training. They set up classes for individuals, families neighborhood groups and local organizations.
North Jersey Aquatic Club - Randolph
214 Center Grove Rd, Randolph, NJ 07869, United States
This aquatic center offers programs for swimmers of all ages and skill levels. There are swim lessons for children and adults and a Lifeguard Training course. The American Red Cross Lifeguard course includes an online component and a classroom skills session.
14 Dover Chester Rd, Randolph, NJ 07869, United States
Work towards achieving your fitness goals at this local gym. There are many aquatic programs available. These include: American Red Cross certifications, Swim Lessons, Aqua Rehabilitation and Master Swim. Whether you’re getting certified, learning a new skill, recovering from an injury or racing, you’ll find a class for you.
Underwater Adventures Dive Center
424 W Main St, Denville, NJ 07834, United States
Get your diving certifications or equipment at this scuba shop and dive center. You’ll learn in a safe indoor pool with a couple of other students before moving into the open water. Take the Open Water Adventure Class, Refresher Course or get PADI Rescue Diver Training at this location.
Swimming Careers in Mendham
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Mendham.
- Country Club Swim Coach: Help young swimmers succeed in the pool! You’ll act as a mentor by creating drills, suggesting areas to work on and being your team’s biggest fan. In Mendham, you’ll find job opportunities at Roxiticus Golf Club or The Club At Mendham.
- Day Camp Lifeguard: Spend the day working in the great outdoors with kids! You’ll supervise children swimming, perform rescues and enforce pool rules. You can find a job within driving distance of Mendham. Tamarack Day Camp in Randolph is hiring for this position.
- Mental Health Lifeguard: If you care about others and their well-being, check out this fascinating career. Working in a hospital, you’ll supervise a diverse adult population in the pool. Jobs are available at Greystone Park Psychiatric Hospital in Morris Plains, not far from Mendham.
- Pool Operations Worker: Your job is to make a guest’s experience as memorable as possible. Responsibilities include greeting the guests, giving them towels and organizing the pool area. Fiddlers Elbow Country Club in Bedminister and Brookside Swimming Pool in Mendham hire people for this role.
- Outdoor Aquatics Director: Take on the responsibility of maintaining an outdoor pool. You will plan pool parties, train swim instructors and lifeguards and maintain the pool area. The Summit Area YMCA and Life Time in Florham Park look for hard workers!