If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Cincinnati
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Get your two-year certification that’s accredited by the American Red Cross from a local oganization such as Citywide CPR Classes & Certification Cincinnati or Enjoy CPR.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Being the best teacher means getting a proper certification that’s approved by the American Red Cross. Classes are held at the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati and the University of Cincinnati.
- Access to reliable transportation: Southwest Ohio Regional Transit Authority (bus system that has routes that extend into Clermont County and Warren County and transfers downtown), Cincinnati Bell Conenctor (street car system that runs through The Banks, Downtown and Findlay Market), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Cincinnati
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Cincinnati Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Cincinnati.
Cincinnati Marlins Inc.
616 W North Bend Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45224, United States
Here’s a swim team that’s popular with everyone young and old. The competitive team is accredited by the USA Swimming Association. Additionally, they attend meets both locally and across the country.
Cincinnati Sports Club
390 Red Bank Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45227, United States
At this private swim club, you can enjoy the water freely or take some classes after signing up for a membership. Water exercise classes are a favorite for competitive swimmers.
Central Parkway YMCA
1105 Elm St, Cincinnati, OH 45202, United States
There are lanes for competitive swimmers to practice in. Additionally, up and coming swim instructors and lifeguards can get their certifications here. CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding certifications are available at this location.
Cincinnati YMCA Synchrogators
8108 Clogh Pike, Cincinnati, OH 42544, United States
Try out this elegant version of your favorite sport! Synchronized swimming is all about coordination and putting on a show in the pool. This team is happy to take on beginners and veterans of the sport.
TriHealth Fitness & Health Pavillion
6200 Pfeiffer Rd, Cincinnati, OH 45242, United States
This gym has both a pool and workout equipment. Enroll in one of many classes or become a certified lifeguard. Classes are taught in small groups and give you all of the attention you need to succeed.
Swimming Careers in Cincinnati
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Cincinnati.
- Synchronized Swim Coach: Act as a mentor for those who are new to the artistic sport of synchronized swimming. You will develop training programs and help create routines for upcoming competitions. Teams like the ones at the YMCA of Greater Cincinnati need coaches.
- Pool Manager: In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring everything at the pool is running smoothly. Watch over the guests and answer any questions. There’s also some clerical work like creating schedules and giving performance reviews. Cincinnati’s public pools like the Sharonville Aquatic Center and other city-run pools require these experts.
- Pool Helper: Keep the pool clean and safe for everyone by doing this small, but important job. Responsibilities include opening and closing the pool and assisting with repairs Be a great help by working for a property management team like Towne Properties or Cincinnati Pool Management.
- Director of Competitive Swimming: Here is another great experience for a competitive swimmer. You will prepare the facility for swim meets and maintain relationships with staff, volunteers, parents and the general public. The Evendale Recreation Department and your local YMCA need leaders.
- Aquarium Dive Technician: If you’re an experienced diver, try working in an aquarium where you will get to see the underwater wildlife up close. You will maintain logs about the equipment and animal health too. In nearby Newport, you can get this exciting job at Herschend Family Entertainment.