If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Murfreesboro
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Take a two-year certification course from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Classes are available at Code One CPR or ON THE GO CPR.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Get an American Red Cross certification from a local organization. The YMCA of Middle Tennessee and Middle Tennessee State University offer courses.
- Access to reliable transportation: Murfreesboro Transit (bus system that has seven routes that run through town with courtesy stops if you flag down the bus), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Middle Tennessee Taxi, Murfreesboro Taxi, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Murfreesboro
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Murfreesboro Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Murfreesboro.
236 Robert Rose Dr, Murfreesboro, TN 37129, United States
This swim school offers helpful programs for swim instructors. There are personal training and aquatic therapy programs for injured athletes. Additionally, aquatic cross-training is available. This course tests your skills and encourages endurance for long races like triathlons.
MTSU Campus Recreation
Health, Wellness and Recreation Center, 1848 Blue Raider Dr, Murfreesboro, TN 37132, United States
Middle Tennessee State University has an indoor pool and outdoor pool. The pools are supervised and open year-round and have plenty of space to swim laps. Additionally, you can take Lifeguard Training and Water Safety Instructor courses here. You will receive a two-year American Red Cross credential upon completion.
Code One CPR
805 S Church St STE 6, Murfreesboro, TN 37130, United States
If you want to get your CPR/AED and First Aid certification in a dynamic environment, this is the place for you. The course uses instructional videos and hands-on training to ensure you can apply your knowledge. The instructors are helpful and personable, which makes the learning experience more enjoyable.
2310 Memorial Blvd, Murfreesboro, TN 37130, United States
This aquatic facility offers programming that will keep you in top shape. As a swim instructor, you must learn to be in the water and moving for long periods. The H20 Exercise courses help you develop endurance and condition your muscles. The Water Aerobics classes are good for toning your muscles.
North Rutherford Family YMCA
2001 Motlow College Blvd, Smyrna, TN 37167, United States
Check out this facility that has an indoor pool for recreation and lap swimming. There are also adult training classes that let you brush up on your technique. However, the biggest highlight is the Lifeguard Training course that’s taught in partnership with the American Red Cross.
Swimming Careers in Murfreesboro
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Murfreesboro.
- Pool Customer Service Coordinator: Work at a swimming pool store such as Bellareed Luxury Pools in Murfreesboro. Your job is setting up client appointments, answering questions and finding pool designs that customers love.
- Waterpark Lifeguard: Supervise patrons, perform rescues and ensure the area around you is clean. Those are some duties of a waterpark lifeguard in Murfreesboro. Patterson Park Pool and Boro Beach look for hard workers as well.
- City Lifeguard: The City of Murfreesboro owns many local pools and you have the opportunity to work at any of them. A city lifeguard is mobile and ready to work where they’re needed. Local pools that need your help this swimming seasons include the ones at Patterson Park and Muirwood Subdivision Pool.
- Navy Diver: Serve your country while enjoying the water every day. You’ll be responsible for checking ship conditions and routine maintenance as a Navy diver. This job is exciting and rewarding for those who love diving and people looking to try something new.
- Student Swim Teacher: If you’re a college student looking for a summer job, this is the gig for you. Swimming clubs in and around Murfreesboro are looking for students to fill these positions. Check Streamline Aquatics Club and the YMCA of Middle Tennesee for job postings.