If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Nashville
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year certification from an American Red Cross or American Heart Association course. Take classes at CPR Choice Nashville or Precious Hearts CPR.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Take a certification course and pass the accredited practical and written exams. Get your certifications at Gordon JCC Nashville or the Margaret Maddox Family YMCA.
- Access to reliable transportation: WeGO Public Transit (26 local bus routes and eight regional routes that travel through Davidson County and a light rail system that connects to the bus routes), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Yellow Cab Metro Cab Inc., Nashville Checker Cab, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Nashville
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Nashville Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Nashville.
Nashville Aquatic Club
222 25th Ave N, Nashville, TN 37203, United States
This swimming club is all about supporting people’s interests in the pool. There are children’s programs as well as a Masters and Triathlon program for adults. You have to be a USA Masters Swimming member. This group has over 240 athletes and is good for competitive swimmers and beginners.
1000 Church St, Nashville, TN 37203, United States
Go for a swim at this local gym that offers a variety of classes. American Red Cross Lifeguarding and Water Safety Instructor (WSI) courses are available. Both courses cover CPR/AED and First Aid Training and you’ll receive a two-year certificate upon completion.
CPR Choice Nashville
2603 Elm Hill Pike Suite B, Nashville, TN 37214, United States
This facility offers classes for groups and individuals, so bring your friends if they need their certifications. Get your two-year American Red Cross CPR and First Aid certification at this hands-on training facility. Classes are small and instructors are open to questions.
Gordon JCC Nashville
801 Percy Warner Blvd, Nashville, TN 37205, United States
Pick a class or certification at this welcoming community center. Lifeguard Training and Swim Instructor Training are available. There are Shallow Water, Lifeguard and Shallow Water to Lifeguard Bridge courses. The Swim Instructor Training program gives you a two-year American Red Cross WSI certificate.
American Red Cross
2201 Charlotte Ave, Nashville, TN 37203, United States
This non-profit organization offers the courses that lifeguards and swim instructors need. They have CPR and First Aid Training. However, the Water Safety courses are a swim instructor’s favorite. Check their website for classes available in your community.
Swimming Careers in Nashville
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Nashville.
- Country Club Swim Coach: In this role, you’ll help the team train while maintaining an optimistic attitude. Clubs are private and it’s easier to give each team member your full attention. In Nashville, you can work at Hillwood Country Club or Richland Country Club.
- Swim Suit Store Keyholder: If you have previous experience in customer service, try this supervisor role. You will work at the cash register, supervise other staff and know all about swimsuits, sunglasses and other beach goodies. Everything But Water and All American Swim in Nashville are hiring.
- Underwater Aquatic Performer: Dance to the rhythm underwater with some of your finned friends. If you’re an experienced diver, check out this exciting job in Nashville. You’ll enjoy working at the Aquarium Restaurant as an entertainer.
- Search & Rescue Diver: Travel from Nashville to Pensacola, Florida, to get your on-the-job training. Then return home to serve your country underwater. You’ll save crews in downed ships, help the Coast Guard during natural disasters and other emergencies.
- Medical Lifeguard: Work as a lifeguard at a hospital pool. You’ll responsible for supervising patients and pool members. Additionally, you will ensure the pool area stays clean. In Nashville, you can get a job at Vanderbilt University Medical Center.