If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Conroe
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Obtain a two-year certification from the American Red Cross or American Heart Association. Find classes at Gift of Life CPR Training & Staff Development or Big Texas CPR LLC.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Get a valid American Red Cross certification after passing the appropriate practical and written exams. Check out Conroe Aquatic Center or Texas Lifeguard Training for courses.
- Access to reliable transportation: Conroe Connection (bus system that has four routes that stop at important spots throughout town), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Reliable Cab Service, Taxi Club, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Conroe
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Conroe Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Conroe.
Conroe Area Team Swimmers
1205 Candy Cane Ln Ave, Conroe TX 77301, United States
Join this local swim team that focuses on skill development for competitive swimming. The coaches each have over 30 years of experience. The different programs have their own training times, including dryland strength and conditioning.
Conroe Parks and Recreation
1504 Parkwood St W, Conroe, TX 77301, United States
The City of Conroe is always looking for lifeguards and even provides its own training program. This lifeguard training course is accredited by the American Red Cross and allows you to work at city pools. Certifications are valid for two years.
Gift of Life CPR Training & Staff Development
1011 Shadow Glenn Dr, Conroe, TX 77301, United States
Get your CPR and First Aid certification at this hands-on training center. The courses are engaging and show you how to apply your knowledge to real-life situations. This American Red Cross certification has the potential to save lives.
Texas Lifeguard Training
Across the State of Texas, including Conroe and surrounding regions
If you and a group of friends need your lifeguard certifications, hire this mobile service. All you need is enough people to sign up and a facility to hold the class at. Courses include Pool Lifeguard, Waterfront Lifeguard, Recertification and more.
The Woodlands Family YMCA at Branch Crossing
8100 Ashlane Way, The Woodlands, TX 77382, United States
Check out the gym and swimming pool at this non-profit organization. It’s a good place to work out and brush up on your swimming skills. Courses in CPR/AED, First Aid and Lifeguarding are available. Upon completion, you’ll receive an American Red Cross certificate.
Swimming Careers in Conroe
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Conroe.
- Indoor Lifeguard: Spending the day outside can be hot and tiring. Working at an indoor pool will keep you cool while giving you the rewarding experience of being a lifeguard. Find a job at Emler Swim School in Conroe or Fun in Swimming in The Woodlands, which is a short drive away.
- Gym Lifeguard: If you’re athletic and have a passion for helping people get healthy, you’ll love this job. Work at a gym pool where people will be getting their water workout on. You will rescue people, clean the area and more. You’ll find a job at Advanced Aquatics LLC in Shenandoah, which isn’t far from Conroe.
- Lead Pool Technician: Take on this role if you’re an experienced pool technician. You will be responsible for pool maintenance and repairs and supervising a team of hard workers. In Conroe, you can work at Elite Pools or Eden Pool Service & Supplies.
- Hotel Pool Repairer: Resorts often have the biggest pools around, which is why maintenance is important. In Conroe, the Holiday Inn and the Hilton hire for this role. You’ll be responsible for chemically balancing the pool, cleaning and fixing the filters.
- Pool/Recreation Attendant: Work in a fast-paced environment at a hotel or resort. You will help set up the pool area, answer guest questions and more. Most jobs are a short drive from Conroe. CoralTree Hospitality in The Woodlands is hiring.