If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Corpus Christi
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Get your two-year certification presented by the American Heart Association or American Red Cross from an organization such as Coastal Bend CPR or Christus Spohn CPR First.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: These credentials are required to teach or become a lifeguard. Take an accredited American Red Cross certified course from Corpus Christi Parks and Recreation or Texas State University.
- Access to reliable transportation: Corpus Christi Transit Authority (provides 32 local bus routes that serve Padre Island (seasonally), Robstown, Gregory and Port Aransas), Uber (rideshare service), Cab (American Cab Company, Green N Go Cab, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Corpus Christi
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Corpus Christi Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Corpus Christi.
Santa Fe Swimming Club
4142 Santa Fe St, Corpus Christi, TX 78411, United States
Do you want to become a lifeguard? Here you can as the American Red Cross Instructor offers classes in Lifeguarding, CPR, Basic Water Safety and Water Safety Training For Swim Coaches.
14618 S Padre Island Dr, Corpus Christi, TX 78418, United States
If you’re ready for intensive water safety training, this is the place to be. You will learn everything from six different swim strokes to free-diving techniques. Once you complete the written exam, you will receive the Movnat Aquatics Certification, which allows you to teach swim lessons with ease.
Club Estates Marlins
4902 Snowgoose Rd, Corpus Christi, TX 78413, United States
The Marlins swim team practices at the Club Estates Recreation Center and has since 1972. It started as an AAU team and transferred to being a USA Swimming Team in 1980. Since then, they have gone on to win many trophies in various competitions.
YMCA of the Coastal Bend
417 S Upper Broadway, Corpus Christi, TX 78401, United States
There are many things to do at this exercise center. However, the pool is the biggest highlight for swimmers. Lifeguarding classes and certifications in CPR and First AId can be obtained here.
Corpus Christi Natatorium
3202 Cabaniss Pkwy, Corpus Christi, TX 78415, United States
Stay safe in the water by taking some classes with the facility’s water safety instructors. There are three pools inside. So whether you are training to become a swim instructor or swimming laps, there is plenty of space.
Swimming Careers in Corpus Christi
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Corpus Christi.
- Personal Survival Techniques Lifeguard: If you’re passionate about water safety, why not share your knowledge with others? Here is a job where you teach other lifeguards how to react in emergencies. Del Mar College and the Lifesaving Society are looking for lifeguard trainers in Corpus Christi.
- Swim-Up Bartender: Enjoy the pool while being sheltered by a cabana from the hot sun. Serve guests in the pool with a smile and make some friends in the process in an exciting and fast-paced environment. Omni Hotels and Resorts look for bartenders once the busy season starts.
- Aquatics Area Supervisor: You will be responsible for all things pool-related when you take on this job. The pool should be clean and ready when the city reserves it for events. The City of Corpus Christi looks for supervisors to watch over the city’s many pools.
- Swimming Pool Helper: Keep everything spic and span when you choose to be a pool helper. You will perform routine maintenance using a brush, net or vacuum to clean the pool and empty the baskets on occasion. Companies such as Oofla Pools and Corpus Christi Athletic club are usually seeking out pool helpers.
- Swimming Pool Technician: Travel from home-to-home repairing pools around the city. This job is all about working with your hands and allowing everyone to swim this season. Apply to local shops such as New Wave Dave Pool Service and Awesome Pool Services when you’re on the hunt for this exciting job.