1. Your Pool Party Theme
Choosing a theme sets the tone for the event. It gives you the opportunity to have fun with decorations, invitations, food, and games. Some of our favourites are:
- Hawaiian Luau: break out the grass skirts and tiki torches and bring the islands of Hawaii to your backyard!
- Under the Sea: the wonders of the ocean will be in your pool. From sharks to mermaids the sea will come to life at your next party!
- Sweet Splash: throw some inflatable cupcakes and donuts in the pool and create a candy wonderland that everyone will love!
2. At Your Pool Party, Safety First
Before the pool party gets started make sure the proper pool safety measures are set. Water safety is the most important thing to consider when planning a pool party. You want to make sure you and your guests are safe while having a great time! Here are some tips to keep in mind:
- Have a trained lifeguard (or two!) on scene.
- Have a fully stocked first aid kit on hand.
- Set pool rules for everyone before the party.
- Assign swim buddies.
- Provide life vests for younger or non-swimmer guests.
3. Have the Pool Party Essentials
With the excitement of going to a pool party, some guests might forget their swimming essentials. If guests are missing something have these items on hand for them:
- Extra towels
- Swim shorts or bathing suit
- Sandals or flip flops
- Extra set of clothing
4. Pool Party Fun & Games
A pool party isn’t complete without some awesome games. Everyone loves the classic Marco Polo, but here are some of our suggestions to take your pool party to the next level:
- Swim competition
- Noodle joust
- Water balloon toss
- Water tag
- Diving competition
5. Pool Party Partner
Another exciting pool party idea that would amp the experience up would be to hire some professional swim instructors. With their knowledge and expertise they can take your pool party to the next level by providing:
- Organised fun pool party games.
- Teaching new swim techniques.
- Providing additional pool safety and security.
6. Pool Party Food Fest
Last, but certainly not least; food & snacks! One of the best parts of a pool party is the fun you can have in providing theme based food. If there’s a central theme for your party you can get really creative with what you can make. We love the classic barbecue fare like hot dogs and hamburgers, but this summer kick it up a notch. From snacks to desserts here are some of our favourites:
- Fruit skewers with chocolate and orange dipping sauce
- Beach ball ice cream sandwiches
- Classic snow cones
- BBQ chicken flatbread
- Tropical Guacamole
- Baja fish tacos
Don’t forget to hydrate often and wait an hour after eating before you go swimming!