Infant Swim Lessons in Walterboro
After helping thousands of kiddies in Walterboro graduate from the wading pool to the deep end, people have started to take notice! We're proud of the fact that AquaMobile is an award-winning swim school — and the list of honours just keeps growing! We've been received numerous honours, including the Empact Showcase at the United Nations, the Emerging Entrepreneur Award 2014 and Small Business Challenge Winner in 2015. We've also been featured in publications such as Forbes, Inc, Huffington Post and many more!
Our Private Swim Lesson Options:
Infant Swim Lessons
We're as flexible as those pool noodles your kiddo loves! AquaMobile offers infant swim lessons in Walterboro that are convenient and meet the specific needs of you and your baby or toddler.
There's no easier way to learn how to swim than with your very own teacher. Infant swimming classes are taught on a one-on-one basis, providing your toddler or baby with undivided attention (which helps keep their short attention spans in check as well!).
To better serve our clients in Walterboro, we also offer swim lessons in a group setting. Grab a few of your neighbors for a private group lesson at your home, condo or homeowner's association (HOA) pool. Learning can be extra fun when your child is building skills while bonding with their besties!
The best part is that our seasoned swim instructors in Walterboro bring their expertise right to your doorstep. Private swimming lessons taught in a comfortable environment facilitates the learning process and also saves your valuable time.
While swim lessons for beginners are an educational experience, our programs definitely aren't dry (pun intended). At AquaMobile, we understand that not everyone can swim like a fish without any help. So our approach to at-home infant swim lessons in Walterboro is to keep them as effective, engaging, and fun as possible. Our AquaMobile swim instructors incorporate games and songs into our infant and toddler swim lessons, which helps ease wary children into the water and builds skill retention.
So how do we keep your kiddies engaged? We've organized our AquaMobile infant swim lessons in Walterboro into a handful of easy-to-understand steps that focus on the swimming fundamentals.
In our infant swimming classes in Walterboro, some of the skills we teach babies, infants and toddlers include:
- How to enter and exit the pool
- Learning how to hold their breath
- How to blow bubbles
- How to recognize an emergency and how to call for help
- Treading water
- Fundamentals on how to kick and move their arms
- How to swim both assisted and unassisted
Mom and Baby Swim Lessons in Walterboro
Parents don't have to simply sit on the sidelines as their infants splash around. Join in on the fun with a mommy and me swim lesson in Walterboro! Your baby will feel far more comfortable with a familiar face by their side in the swimming pool. At parent and tot lessons, you'll also see firsthand how your child progresses and builds their swimming skill sets — not to mention participating parents can help identify areas for improvement to work on later. These joint mommy and me lessons also serve as an incredible bonding experience. Grow closer to your child as they learn a valuable life skill. You and your baby will cherish your time together while creating new memorable moments without leaving the comfort of your own home for your Parent & Tot Swim Lessons.
Giving Your Child the Best Swim Lessons Possible!
Our students are the best — which is why we work hard to find and hire the best swim teachers in Walterboro. All our private swimming instructors at AquaMobile Swim School in Walterboro are carefully selected based on their experience and are fully insured. We ensure that all of our swim instructors are highly trained with at least three years of previous experience in addition to their CPR/First Aid lifeguard certifications. Prior to joining AquaMobile Swim School, each private swim instructor undergoes a thorough background check and interview process. We work hard to make sure that each AquaMobile Private Swim instructor in Walterboro is friendly, professional, and reliable, so you can feel at ease as they work with your infant.
Curious about our highly qualified instructors? Read up on some of their bios.
Why Water Safety Is Important
Learning how to swim in Walterboro is about more than backstrokes and blowing bubbles. It's an invaluable life skill for infants — and a great way to have some fun! Instilling fundamental swimming skills is extremely important for babies and toddlers in particular. We've gathered a few important facts about water safety that underscore its importance:
- Drowning is the third-leading cause of unintentional death worldwide, accounting for 7% of all injury-related deaths.
- There are an estimated 372,000 annual drowning deaths worldwide.
- Global estimates may significantly underestimate the actual public health problem related to drowning.
- Children, males and individuals with increased access to water are most at risk of drowning. - World Health Organization (WHO), 2014
Water safety is an important matter in any home, especially if you have a toddler or a young child. Swimming pools are fun to play in, but they can also be deadly. Instances of child drownings are a leading cause of death for children 14 and under. According to the Red Cross, more than 1 in 5 water fatalities is a child aged 1 to 4.
Here at AquaMobile, we hold your child’s water safety in high regard. Here are AquaMobile Swim School’s drowning prevention tips for parents to ensure your children stay safe in and around your home swimming pool in Walterboro.
Ten Ways To Promote Water Safety and Prevent Your Child From Drowning in Walterboro
1. Actively supervise your child while they swim.Always watch your infant or toddler closely when they swim in the water! There is no substitute for active parent or guardian supervision. Make sure one adult is completely focused on watching all children in the pool at all times. It’s not enough to have 20 distracted adults talking to each other around the pool – one must be actively supervising the children in case of emergency. In 69% of drownings, the child was being supervised by one or both of the parents.
2. Know CPR and First-Aid.Although this may seem like an obvious step, many people, even experienced swimmers, underestimate the need for knowledge of CPR and First Aid. Be sure you are up to date on your First Aid knowledge and certifications so you can take charge in case an emergency situation arises. Effective CPR can double a child’s chances of survival. Due to popular demand, AquaMobile offers water safety and first aid courses in addition to our regular at home private swimming lessons in Walterboro.
3. Make sure the supervising adult knows how to swim.The supervising adult should know how to swim and know basic CPR and First-Aid Training in case of a swimming emergency. During the time it takes for the ambulance to arrive, CPR training could save a life.
4. Make sure your kids know how to swim.Children aged 1-4 with formal swimming lessons have up to 88% less of a chance of drowning. Children can learn how to swim from a very young age. However, they will still need to be supervised by an adult at all times to ensure water safety.
5. Fence in your pool.With an adequately installed fence, you can make sure children don’t wander into your pool unsupervised. For some regions, the law requires you to install a fence around your pool. If not, you should still surround your pool with a fence at least 1.2 metres (four feet) tall to help keep kids from accessing an unsupervised pool area. Install gates with latches that are beyond a child’s reach and use a padlock in conjunction with the latch. Don’t use chain-link fences as those are easy for children to climb.
6. Keep your pool well equipped with safety equipmentEnsure that you have a First Aid kit, safety ring, rope, and phone near your pool. Make sure the babysitters you hire know about the regulations regarding your swimming pool in Walterboro. Having the right equipment at your pool means that it’s well-equipped to deal with any accidents.
7. Beware of drains.Watch the drains in your pool and hot tub – body parts and hair can get trapped in the suction, resulting in fatal consequences like your child drowning. Put in drain covers when the pool is not being used, and consider installing multiple drains to reduce suction. Make sure your children don’t play near the hot tub suction!
8. Clean up toys when not in use.It’s fun to play games in the swimming pool, but be sure to clean up! When you’re done with toys, get them out of the pool. A child might fall in the water while trying to retrieve their beloved toy.
9. Never let your child swim alone.Make sure your child is not swimming alone so that there’s always someone for them to go to in case of trouble! Regardless of age, your children should be using the buddy system.
10. Make sure your children don’t engage in horseplay in the pool.This is a key swimming rule you should teach your child. In the water, make sure your children don’t push or jump on any other children – it’s unsafe swimming practice and can result in an accident.
How to Choose A Private Swim Instructor in Walterboro
Little ones learn better when they have the right teacher. A friendly face can really motivate a struggling swimmer during their first session in the pool. That's why we believe in allowing our customers to choose their instructors for their baby swim lessons. We're the only at-home infant swim lesson provider in North America that allows you to choose your own private swim instructor.
All of our swim instructors in Walterboro are warm, friendly, and highly qualified. If you have trouble picking the perfect one, our AquaMobile customer service team is more than happy to help you! We can offer multiple recommendations based on your child and their needs. Each member of our customer service team is either a current or former swim instructor, so they can make an informed and experienced decision for you.
Our private infant swim lessons in Walterboro are conducted in a small class sizes, which allows our swim instructors to provide your child with their undivided attention. Our private infant swim lessons allow for a customized lesson plan that is catered to your infant’s needs and learning rate. We take pool safety and having fun seriously, which is why our program starts with an engaging lesson in water safety and tutoring on proper pool etiquette.Click here to learn more about our experienced swimming instructors.
Fun Swim Lessons For Toddlers and Babies
Swimming lessons in Walterboro for young ones shouldn't feel like a chore. At AquaMobile Swim School, we're committed to making swimming fun for your little ones.
We at AquaMobile have compiled 5 Ways to Make Swimming Lessons for Kids Fun.
- Use combinations of swimming aids such as fins, pull buoys or snorkels. Different aids help swimmers to target train, and focus on specific techniques. The addition of swim aids is novel and interesting, and is a fun addition to regular swimming drills.
- Have a diverse range of sets and drills to alternate between. This helps to give young swimmers in Walterboro a variety of training exercises to do in the water and keeps their practice time from being overly monotonous while they are still adjusting.
- Include land drills into practice times. Allowing infants and toddlers to exercise on dry land before or after working in the water offers a change of environment, and a chance to work on different and alternative exercises that impact performance in the water.
- Brainstorm target goals together with students. By giving each kid a strong sense of ownership over their own swimming training, you increase motivation and encourage a sense of responsibility and pride in training exercises.
- Play interactive water sports such as water polo for kids. These activities are physically rigorous, but are light-hearted activities, and is another way to take a short but pertinent break from more intensive, solo training regimes in Walterboro.