If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Innisfil
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year certification from the Canadian Red Cross or Lifesaving Society. Classes are available at Barrie First Aid and CPR and Heart2Heart CPR First Aid Training Barrie.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Pass the written and practical tests from the Canadian Red Cross or Lifesaving Society. Start training at the Innisfil YMCA or Allandale Recreation Centre.
- Access to reliable transportation: Innisfil Transit (bus system that makes stops at important town landmarks and local GO stations), Uber (rideshare service), cab (Innisfil Taxi, Innisfil Global Taxi), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Innisfil
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Innisfil Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Innisfil.
YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka
7315 Yonge St, Innisfil, ON L9S 2M6, Canada
There’s a pool that offers lap and recreation swimming times. Additionally, Advanced Aquatic Programs are available for swim instructors and lifeguards. There are three steps for Aquatic Certifications. The process begins with the Bronze Medallion Course and Emergency First AId with CPR B and ends with the YMCA Aquatic Leader Course.
Barrie Trojan Swim Club
190 Bayview Dr, Barrie, ON L4N 4Y8, Canada
Over 220 swimmers come to this club annually and they practice at Allandale Recreation Centre and other pools throughout Barrie. There’s a Masters swim team for adults too. It’s ideal for swim instructors who want to brush up on their skills and those looking to swim at the competitive level.
Barrie First Aid and CPR Training
4 Alliance Blvd Unit 7, Barrie, ON L4M 7J3, Canada
Come to this emergency training centre to get your two-year certification from the Canadian Red Cross. The CPR and First Aid courses have in-class and blended learning options. You will learn in small groups and instructors are happy to answer questions.
Superior First Aid and Lifesaving
2-620 Veterans Dr, Ste 7, Barrie, ON L4N 9J4, Canada
This company is a Lifesaving Society Affiliate Member and offers First Aid, CPR, Lifesaving and Safety Management Courses. You can get your Standard First Aid with CPR-C and Aquatic Supervisor certifications here. These courses allow you to teach swimming lessons.
East Bayfield Community Centre
80 Livingstone St E, Barrie, ON L4M 6X9, Canada
There’s a 25-metre pool for recreation and lap swimming at this community centre. This is where you can take National Lifeguard, Bronze Medallion and Water Safety Instructor (WSI) courses. Check the City of Barrie’s website for more information and class times.
Swimming Careers in Innisfil
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Innisfil.
- Pop-Up Waterpark Lifeguard: When summer rolls around, Splash ON Water Parks sets up a location in Barrie, not far from Innisfil. You’ll supervise attractions, hand out life jackets and perform rescues. Having your National Lifeguard Waterfront certification is an asset.
- Summer Camp Lifeguard: If you enjoy working with kids in the great outdoors, you’ll enjoy this job. You will monitor kids swimming in Lake Simcoe at one of the many beaches. Find work at Camp Arrowhead in Barrie or Nottawasaga Resort in Alliston. Neither of these places is far from Innisfil.
- Swimming Customer Service Agent: Get to know swimmers in your community by working at a pool installation company. You’ll answer and makes calls, answer questions about swimming pools and spas and more in Innisfil. Poolcorp and John’s Liesurescapes are hiring.
- Aquatic Plant Attendant: Here’s a unique job that you’ll only find at a local resort. You will rake seaweed and rocks from the beach, keep slippery objects and tripping hazards out of the way and more. Friday Harbour Resort in Innisfil hires people for this position.
- Children’s Swim Instructor: Help children learn to love the water. You’ll create lesson plans, teach kids how to swim and make learning fun for all ages. There are a variety of swimming schools close to Innisfil. Check out Aquastream and the YMCA of Simcoe/Muskoka for job opportunities.