If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Montreal
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Pass the standard two-year certification that’s awarded by the Canadian Red Cross. Classes are taught by Impact Sante+ RCR, DEA, Secorime, Periers soins or Ambulance Saint-John.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Complete the practical and written exams designed by either the Canadian Red Cross or the Lifesaving Society of Quebec. Courses can be found at the YMCA du parc or Cote-Des-Neiges Sports Centre.
- Access to reliable transportation: Societe de transport de Montreal (bus network that travels through the city and to the islands of Bizardm des Soeurs, Notre Dame and Saint-Helene), Metro (a subway system that has 68 stations spread out across five stations), Uber (rideshare service), cab (Taxi Rive Sud, Atlas Taxi, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Montreal
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Montreal Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Montreal.
YMCA du Parc - Les YMCA Du Quebec
5550 Park Ave, Montreal, QC H2V 4H1, Canada
Get some training at this gym. Swimming in the lanes will prepare you for your next competition and make you a better swimmer. While you’re here, you might as well get your CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding certifications too.
McGill Athletics and Recreation
475 Pine Ave W, Montreal, Quebec H2W 1S4, Canada
This university has a swim team and offers a pool and gym. Try out for the team to compete against teams from other schools and see how fast you can go. The spirit of competition is a great motivator when it comes to getting active.
Club Aquatique de Sud-Oest (CASO)
5485 Chem. de la Cote-Saint Paul, Montreal, QC K4C 1X3, Canada
Head over to this swimming club that was founded by young people and made for them as well. Teams from across the city come to practice here and see it as a hub for all things swimming.
Midtown Le Sporting Club Sanctuaire
6105 Av due Boise, Montreal, QC H3S 2V9, Canada
Try going for a swim or participating in one of the classes at this fitness centre. There are private lessons as well as AquaFitness classes. Activities here are enjoyed by all ages and abilities!
Societe de sauvetage
4345 Pierre-de Coubertin Ave, Montreal, QC H1V 0B2, Canada
Learn to become a lifeguard inside the 1976 Olympic Stadium. Where some of the greats once swam, you will receive your Canadian Red Cross lifeguarding certificate.
Swimming Careers in Montreal
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Montreal.
- Sports Camp Aquatic Staff Member: If you love working with kids, this is the job for you. While working at the sports camp, you will act as a lifeguard and help new swimmers in the “learn to swim” area. McGill University and the YMCA of Quebec are always looking for new team members in Montreal.
- Health Club Attendant: While working in a gym that has a pool, you will ensure many tasks. Some of these duties include cleaning and wiping down surfaces and enforcing pool rules. Hotels like Marriott Montreal and Four Seasons Hotel Montreal hire this position.
- Port Inspection Diver: Serve your country when you take on this job that has you diving deep. You will be involved inspect jetties and ships and performing underwater photography among other things. Join the Canadian Armed Forces in the city of Montreal to start working in this fulfilling role.
- Windsurfing Instructor: This exciting water sport takes a while to get a hang of. If you’re a windsurfing expert, why not share your knowledge with others? Club Med and Kiteforce are usually looking for instructors in Montreal.
- Pool Technician Assistant: All that’s required for this position is the desire to learn. You will work alongside an expert in fixing and maintaining swimming pools in the community. Shops like Piscines et Spa Poseidon and PLPS Pools are often on the hunt for hard workers.