If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Atherton
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year American Red Cross or American Heart Association certification from a local organization such as In Home CPR or San Mateo CPR Certification Classes.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Pass the American Red Cross written and practical exams to get a certification valid for two years. Courses are available at The Swimming Swan or Lifeguard Training HQ.
- Access to reliable transportation: SamTrans (bus system that has routes going all over San Mateo County with stops in Atherton, Menlo Park, Redwood City and other nearby cities), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Yellow Cab Redwood City, DeSoto Cab Co., etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Atherton
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Atherton Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Atherton.
Menlo Swim and Sport
501 Laurel St, Menlo Park, CA 94025, United States
Come to this public pool that hosts a variety of classes and activities. There are times set aside for excises classes and lap swimming. Additionally, the club has a Masters swim team. The Menlo Masters offers 17 unique coached workouts per week.
1445 Hudson St, Redwood City, CA 94061, United States
Check out this gym’s indoor pool. You can take classes or get a water workout here. There are Aquatic Fitness classes and a Masters Swim Team if you love the thrill of competition. You can also swim laps to improve your endurance.
Swimming Swan LLC
San Mateo County, CA 94017, United States
Find a local pool and a group of friends to get certifications from this mobile swim school. American Red Cross courses include First Aid/CPR, Lifeguarding, Water Safety Instructor (WSI) and more. Pick a course and then book a class in your area.
In Home CPR
1061 Fifteenth Ave, Redwood City, CA 94063, United States
Take classes with this emergency training school anywhere you want. Organize a group and a certified instructor will come to your home or chosen location to teach you. Thes flexible classes are great for swim instructors and lifeguards who need their CPR and First Aid certification.
Safety Training Seminars
777 Woodside Rd #1, Redwood City, A 94061, United States
Get hands-on experience at this training facility. You’ll learn in small classes with kind and experienced instructors. Upon completing this course, you’ll receive a two-year American Red Cross certificate.
Swimming Careers in Atherton
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Atherton.
- Youth Aquatics Coach: To succeed in this role, you’ll need to be organized, like kids and have a passion for swimming. You will coach young swimmers to their full potential by creating workout routines and helping kids refine their techniques. You can work at Anderson’s Swim School in Atherton or PCC Center in Redwood City.
- Pool Receptionist: You’re the happy face people see when they walk through the door. You’ll check families in, handle scheduling and answer any questions parents or students may have. The British Swim School of The Bay Area and Highlands Recreation hire people for this role. Both are close to Atherton.
- Morning Lifeguard: If you’re an early bird who loves the water, check out this job. You’ll supervise patrons in the early hours, perform rescues and keep the pool area clean. Check out one of the YMCAs close to Atherton for job postings. Apply at the YMCA of San Francisco or Sequoia YMCA.
- Country Club Pool Manager: Work at an exclusive country club organizing activities and training new staff. This job requires you to oversee events, lifeguards, swim instructors and maintenance staff. The Peninsula Golf & Country Club is hiring and isn't far from Atherton.