If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Concord
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Complete a two-year certification that meets the American Heart Association's standards. Safety Training Seminars and CPR for Life have courses available.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Acquire your valid certification from an organization recognized by the American Heart Association. Check out American Red Cross Bay Area Chapter or Safety Training Pros for classes in your community.
- Access to reliable transportation: County Connection Bus Service (fixed-route bus system that travels through Central Contra Costa County to communities such as Concord, Pleasant Hill, Martinez, Walnut Creek and more), Bay Area Rapid Transit (light rail system that connects the San Francisco Peninsula with communities in the East Bay), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Concord Cab Compnay Inc, Concord Metro Cab, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Concord
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Concord Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Concord.
Safety Training Seminars
2440 Stanwell Dr, Suite C, Concord, CA 94520, United States
This facility is recognized by the American Heart Association. Additionally, professional instructors offer courses in CPR/AED, First Aid and Lifeguarding Training. If you're looking to become a lifeguard in the East Bay area, this is the place to be!
2051 Commerce Ave, Concord, Ave, CA 94520, United States
This store has training available in addition to its pool cleaning services. You can become a Certified Pool Operator to learn how to maintain your pool and equipment. Another option is getting your Aquatic Facility Operator Certification if you work at an indoor pool.
Walnut Creek Masters Swim Team
1850 Heather Dr, Walnut Creek, CA 94598, United States
Be sure that you’re a member of USA Masters Swimming before you start training with this group. This group practices together frequently and having fellow swimmers around you can be motivating. The team competes at the national and international levels.
Oakwood Athletic Club
4000 Mt Diablo Blvd, Lafayette, CA 94549, United States
Start swimming here in high school and work your way up to the adult group. This can lead to college scholarships and becoming a better swimmer. Who knows? Maybe you’ll work your way up to the Masters Team and swim at the Olympics one day.
CPR Training Center
2190 Meridian Park Blvd #J, Concord, CA 94520, United States
As a lifeguard or swim instructor, you need your CPR and First Aid training certifications to save lives. Head over here to get or renew yours. Instructors are professionals and are certified by the American Heart Association.
Swimming Careers in Concord
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Concord.
- Non-Profit Lifeguard: If you love helping others, check out this career that’s all about giving back to others. You will monitor patrons at a charity pool like the one run by the Salvation Army in Suisun City, which isn’t far from Concord.
- Pool Custodian: Clean the pool area and its surrounding areas at this job. You will work at one of the City of Concord’s public pools or the one at Clayton Valley Charter High School. You clean the furniture and ensure the area is safe for swimming.
- Aquatics Specialist: Share your knowledge of swimming pools and lifeguarding in this role. Concord Community Park Pool and Gehringer Park Recreation Club hire this position in Concord. Your responsibilities include training new lifeguards and swim instructors, light pool maintenance and clerical duties.
- Park Services Team Member: How would you like to spend your day at a water park? Check out Hurricane Harbor Concord in Six Flags for job postings. Duties include cleaning up the park, greeting guests and hosing down midways and patios.
- Surf Shop Worker: Do you love riding the waves? If you do, working in a shop where you sell boards and teach others how to surf might be a good career choice. In Concord, Mainland Skate & Surf and Surf City Squeeze are looking for hard workers.