If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Cupertino
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Acquire a two-year certification from the American Red Cross or the American Heart. Courses are available at CPR: Let’s Get Certified! or 1st In Safety.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Obtain a two-year certification by the American Red Cross’s practical and written exams. Take courses at Menlo Sport & Swim or De Anza College.
- Access to reliable transportation: Santa Clara Valley Transporation Authority ( regional bus system with 13 routes stopping in Cupertino), Light Rail (a system that goes through the San Jose and closeby cities in Santa Clara County), Uber/Lyft (rideshares), cab (Cupertino Taxi Cab, Yellow Cab Cupertino CA, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Cupertino
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Cupertino Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Cupertino.
20803 Alves Dr, Cupertino, CA 95014, United States
Try out a program that this gym’s pool offers. There’s Aquatic Fitness, Masters Swimming and recreational programming at this YMCA. Additionally, swim clubs and lessons are available.
501 Laurel St, Menlo Park, CA 94025, United States
Check out the classes that this recreation center has available. After completing the American Red Cross Lifeguard Training program, you will receive a two-year certification. This lets you watch over pools and save lives for a living.
Santa Clara Swim Club
2625 Patricia Dr, Santa Clara, CA 95051, United States
The pool at this club is huge! This makes it good for the kids’ swim team and the Masters Team. If you’re a member of USA Masters Swimming, you can join this competitive group. Having someone to race with is always motivating.
1101 S Winchester Blvd J220, San Jose, CA 95128, United States
Come get your CPR and First Aid certification from one of San Francisco Bay Area’s leading providers. Your instructors will show you what to do using hands-on training. You will receive your two-year certification and gain practical experience.
Safety Training Seminars
1660 Hamilton Ave Suite 204, San Jose, CA 95195, United States
Your CPR and First Aid certification is an essential part of being a swim instructor or lifeguard. You will use simulations to get hands-on experience; this will help you apply your skills to real life situations.
Swimming Careers in Cupertino
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Cupertino.
- Marine Interdiction Agent: If you’re ready to serve your country by the sea, this could be the job for you. U.S. Customs and Border Protection hires this role. You will guard the American water border in Cupertino and make sure everyone coming in and leaving is safe.
- Water Yoga Instructor: Find inner peace and zen in the comfort of the pool. You will teach classes how to stretch and relax their muscles. In Cupertino, you can work at the Northwest YMCA or De Anza College.
- Diving Coach: Dive into an exciting career this season! If you love helping others and are knowledgeable about diving, this role will be the perfect fit. Not far from Cupertino is Presentation High School in San Jose and Menlo Country Club in Woodside. Both need coaches.
- Waterfront Lifeguard: Work as a lifeguard in the open water. The waves and currents that come with the ocean add a new challenge. In Cupertino, Camp Ramah is always looking for lifeguards to supervise the kids.
- Pool Manager: If you love swimming and are looking for an administrative role, this is the job for you. You will help develop training programs for lifeguards, fill out reports, monitor the pool’s water quality and more. The City of Cupertino hires managers to work at pools such as Seven Springs Swimming Pool and Laurelhurst Pool.