If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for San Gabriel
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year American Red Cross certification from a local organization such as Samaritan Training Services or Life Ed.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: After passing the practical and written exams with a score of 80% or better, you’ll receive an American Red Cross certification. Classes are available at LA County Parks and Recreation or All You Need Aquatics.
- Access to reliable transportation: Montebello Bus Lines (bus system that has 20 stops throughout San Gabriel), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Green Valley Taxi Ride, Oh Yellow Cab, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in San Gabriel
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key San Gabriel Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in San Gabriel.
San Gabriel Parks and Recreation
232 W Broadway, San Gabriel, CA 91776, United States
The city hosts Lifeguarding and Water Safety Instructor (WSI) training courses at Smith Park Pool. These American Red Cross certifications remain valid for two years. This is a great opportunity to find jobs and meet fellow swim instructors.
Samaritan Training Services
1740 New Ave #102, San Gabriel, CA 91776, United States
Head over to this emergency training school to get the certifications you need. Classes are available in-person and blended with online learning. The CPR and First Aid program is accredited by the American Cross.
303 E. Valley Blvd, San Gabriel, CA 917766, United States
Take your CPR and First Aid class at the Sheraton Hotel. This mobile business will help you get your two-year American Red Cross certification. Some courses allow you to become a teacher.
YMCA of West San Gabriel Valley
401 Corto St, Alhambra, CA 91801, United States
Check out some of the specialty swimming programs at this local gym. Water Fitness Classes are low-impact, rehabilitative and good for your heart. The Watercise program is ideal for your joints and toning the muscles.
920 South Fremont Ave, Alhambra, CA 91803, United States
Check out this aquatic school that offers Fitness and Lifesaving courses perfect for instructors. Exercise programs include Water Aerobics and Lap Swimming. Check out their Lifeguarding program that covers CPR, First Aid and other essential skills.
Swimming Careers in San Gabriel
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in San Gabriel.
- Water Polo Coach: Here’s a career that will keep you active in the pool. Water polo uses a different skill set, but it’s something swimmers end up loving. In San Gabriel, you’ll motivate others and help them thrive in the pool. Check out Glen A. Wilson High School in nearby Hacienda Heights for job postings.
- Masters Swim Coach: Swimmers strive to compete at the highest level possible. Help the next generation of swimmers succeed by planning practices and allowing them to refine their techniques. Rose Bowl Aquatic Center in Pasadena is a short drive from San Gabriel and happens to be hiring.
- Pool Director: This swimming job requires you to wear many hats. You will act as a lifeguard, plan events and maintain contact with community groups. Other responsibilities include pool maintenance and organizing the swim program. You can work for the Boys & Girls Club of West San Gabriel Valley.
- Kids’ Swim Coach: Remembering your first time in the water feels great. Help children learn each stroke and progress to a competitive level over time. You will show the kids how to do the crawl, breast, back and side strokes. Try working for the San Gabriel Seagulls.
- Scuba Tour Guide: This is an easy role to dive into! Explore the ocean’s depths while pointing out different specimens along the way. If you’re an experienced diver who loves people, you’re the perfect fit. In San Gabriel, you can work for Ocean Safari Scuba.