If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Colorado Springs
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: This two-year certification is offered by the American Red Cross across your state. Head over to Spring Cpr Training or Cpr Choice, Colorado Springs to get yours today.
- Swim Instructor/ Lifeguard certification: Fully accredited by the American Red Cross, these courses are essential to your success. Villa Sport and Pikes Peak Athletics Training Center have you covered for these courses.
- Access to reliable transportation: Mountain Metro Transit (a 40 route bus system that extends from Colorado Springs to Manitou Springs and Widefield), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Colorado Springs
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Colorado Springs Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Colorado Springs.
Swim Lesson Provider Network
1 Olympic Plaza, Colorado Springs, CO 80909, United States
Connecting students and instructors in the area, this is the place to go when it comes to networking. Courses offered by this organization are accredited by the USA Swimming Foundation.
Colorado Springs Swim Team
44 W Cache La Poudre St, Colorado Springs, CO 80903, United States
There is a masters swim team that practices inside the college’s natatorium. It’s a great way to prepare for a triathlon. You can even join the team if you attend school here.
Cottonwood Creek Family Center YMCA
3920 Dublin Blvd, Colorado Springs, CO 80918, United States
Learn the skills you need to become a lifeguard from an American Red Cross certified instructor. Courses in CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding are some of the courses on offer.
Pikes Peak Athletics
602 Elkton Dr, Colorado Springs, CO 80907, United States
Ready to compete? This facility has a USA Swimming registered team. Everyone is welcome here as the coaches focus on all swimmers rather than only the fastest ones.
3472 Research Pkwy #104, Colorado Springs, CO 80920, United States
There are teams for all ages at this facility. Some of these are more recreational while others are more competitive. Pick the one that suits you and become a better swimmer in the process.
Swimming Careers in Colorado Springs
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Colorado Springs.
- U.S. Airforce Lifeguard: Serve your country and enjoy the pool at the same time. This role is often understated but is still important. Monitor swimmers and make sure the pool is clean and safe for everyone. You will find employment at the U.S. Airforce Academy in Colorado Springs.
- USA Swimming Coach: Colorado Springs is home to the training ground for Olympic hopefuls. Swimmers with lots of experience in the competitive realm will enjoy motivating athletes to perform their best. Pikes Peak Athletic Center is the primary training ground for Olympians where you can find work.
- Navy Diver: Go underwater with a tool kit to fix broken vessels. This challenging job requires precision and athleticism. However, the right individual can overcome any obstacles that stand in their way! Dive into this exciting career by visiting your Colorado Springs U.S. Navy branch.
- Manager of Dive Operations: You will work in a retail store that specializes in scuba gear. Additionally, you will be in charge of running classes that teach people of all skill levels how to dive. Places like Underwater Connection Inc. in Colorado Springs hire people to do this specialty job.
- Aquatics Director: As someone responsible for running a facility, you must be very organized. You will oversee the development of swimming programs that range from lessons to lifeguarding certifications. The YMCA of the Pikes Peak Region and VillaSport Athletic Club and Spa hire for this position in Colorado Springs.