If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Daytona Beach
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year American Red Cross certification from a local course provider such as CPR Training Fast or Pegco Inc.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Pass the proper written and practical exams with at least 80% to get your American Red Cross certification. Lifeguard Corps and Ormond Beach YMCA offer training.
- Access to reliable transportation: Votran ( bus system that serves Volusia County and has 20 routes with connections throughout the area), Uber.Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Daytona Beach Taxi Cab, Kings Transportation Group Inc., etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Daytona Beach
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Daytona Beach Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Daytona Beach.
981 George W Engram Blvd, Daytona Beach, FL 32114, United States
As one of the fastest growing swim clubs around, this team hosts races for swimmers of all ages and abilities. The Senior Racer group includes high school and college level swimmers. You will learn about race strategy and practice resistance workouts if you join this team.
Volusia County Beach Safety Headquarters
515 S Atlantic Ave, Daytona Beach, FL 32118, United States
Daytona Beach is one of the best known beaches in Florida. This team works together to keep visitors safe. Check them out if you’re looking for a water safety job. When the busy season hits, they need plenty of lifeguards. So it’s worth getting to know some of the team before then.
American Red Cross
341 White St, Daytona Beach, FL 32114, United States
Check out this non-profit organization that specializes in giving back to the community. The American Red Cross offers CPR/AED and First Aid classes perfect for lifeguards and swim instructors. The instructor is kind, helpful and personable. Check their website for upcoming classes.
Ormond Beach Family YMCA
500 Sterthaus DR #5128, Ormond Beach, FL 32174, United States
Come to this gym to become a better swimmer. A Masters Swim team practices here a couple of days a week. Additionally, courses in CPR and First Aid are available for swim instructors and lifeguards. Speaking of lifeguards, you can get your American Red Cross certification here too.
4701 City Center Pkwy, Port Orange, FL 32129, United States
Train with this elite group of swimmers. There’s a USA Masters team for adults age 19+, which is a great place to hone your skills. The team works with a professional coach who will show top racing techniques. You’ll improve your speed and endurance by swimming with this professional team.
Swimming Careers in Daytona Beach
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Daytona Beach.
- Beach Safety Lifeguard: The waves get wild quickly and it’s your calling to keep beach patrons safe. You’ll perform exciting rescues, answer questions about the beach and keep the area clean. Jobs are available at Daytona Beach, Silver Beach and surrounding areas.
- Beach Wedding Planner: Many people dream of getting married on the beach. It’s your job to make their dreams come true by planning things such as location, catering and more. Florida Beach Weddings is hiring everywhere from Daytona Beach to Jacksonville and Cocoa Beach.
- Beach Vacation Sales Representative: If you know the best spots in Daytona Beach, you can help others discover them. This position is about helping people plan the vacations of their dreams, including suggesting areas to swim. Bluegreen Vacations Corporation and Hilton Grand Vacations hire people for this position.
- Pool Leak Specialist: Swimming pools aren’t perfect and it’s your job to fix them. If you work with your hands and love making other people happy, you’ll thrive in this role. You can work at Red Rhino Leak Detection or Pool Butler of Daytona Beach.
- Pipe Diver: Think of this role as being an underwater mechanic. You will fix pools or boats depending on where you work. Although it’s a challenging job, it’s also quite rewarding. Most jobs aren’t far from Daytona Beach. Atlantic Pipe Services in Bunnell needs divers.