If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Kissimmee
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Get your two-year certification from an American Red Cross or American Heart Association approved provider. Take classes at Landes Emergency Training Services LLC or 1st Choice Emergency & Safety Training.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Pass the written and practical exams with 80% or better to get your certification. The YMCA of Central Florida and Happy Swimmers offer classes locally.
- Access to reliable transportation: LYNX (bus system that serves Central Florida that has throughout Orange, Osceola and Seminole Counties), Sunrail (light rail system that has 16 stations throughout Greater Orlando), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Taxi Quick, 24Seven Taxi, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Kissimmee
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Kissimmee Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Kissimmee.
Kissimmee Swim Association
2204 Denn John Ln, Kissimmee, FL 34744, United States
Check out this local swim club that was founded in 1996. It’s chartered by Florida Swimming and the team practices at Bob Makinson Aquatic Center. The senior team is great for Olympic hopefuls and those looking to compete at the collegiate level.
Osceola YMCA Learning Center
2117 W Mabbette St, Kissimmee, FL 34741, United States
This facility has a beautiful outdoor pool loved by kids and adults alike. Check out the certifications available for swim instructors and lifeguards while you’re there as well. First and CPR and Lifeguard certifications are available for people looking to jumpstart their careers.
University of Central Florida Recreation and Wellness Center
4000 Central Florida Blvd, Orlando, FL 32816, United States
Work out in the university’s gym and then go for a swim afterward. If you’re a student, you can also join the swim team. Additionally, you can get your two-year American Red Cross lifeguard certificate here.
American Red Cross
5 N Bumby Ave, Orlando, FL 32803, United States
This non-profit organization offers a variety of helpful courses for swim instructors and lifeguards. Two-year certifications include First Aid, CPR, Lifeguarding and Water Safety Instructor. Check out pools in the Greater Orlando Area to find courses near you.
854 Palm Pkwy Suite #568, Orlando, FL 32836, United States
Head over here to get your First Aid and CPR/AED certification. You will learn using hands-on simulations. This will ensure you can save lives the next time you’re working at the pool.
Swimming Careers in Kissimmee
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Kissimmee.
- Pool Tile Installer: Do you have an eye for design and love spending time by the pool? If you answered yes to this question, you will love installing pool tiles and fixing the plumbing. You can work at West Construction or NuWave Pools in Kissimmee.
- Disney Lifeguard: Kissimme is close to Walt Disney World Resort in Orlando, which means there are plenty of jobs during the tourist season. As a lifeguard at the resort, you will monitor guests, perform rescues and maintain the pool and park areas.
- Water Slide Lifeguard: Watch others enjoy the thrill of going down a water slide and keep guests safe at this job. You will make sure everyone goes down the slide properly and save anyone in need. In Kissimmee, you’ll find employment at Island H20 Water Park and Flamingo Water Park Resort.
- Pool Cook: If you love working the grill and enjoying the atmosphere of a pool, you’ll love this job. You will find work at Reunion Resort and Golf Club in Kissimmee or The Grove Resort & Waterpark in Orlando.
- College Lifeguard: If you’re looking for a job when school’s out, this one might be for you. You will work at a resort in Kissimmee such as Orange Lake Resort or the City of Kissimmee itself. You’ll typically work at a hotel or community pool.