If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Lakeland
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year American Red Cross certification from a local course provider such as Citizen CPR Inc. or Life Saver CPR.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: After passing the American Red Cross written and practical exams, you’ll receive a valid certification. Classes are available at Lakeland Hills YMCA or Lifeguard Pro.
- Access to reliable transportation: Citrus Connection (bus system that serves Polk County with route 21X serving Lakeland, Bartow and Lake Wales), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Charly’s Taxi Service, Imperial Transportation of Polk County LLC, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Lakeland
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Lakeland Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Lakeland.
Lakeland Family YMCA
3620 Cleveland Heights Blvd, Lakeland, FL 33803, United States
The aquatic programs at this local gym are well-known. There are a swim team, a synchronized swimming team and water safety courses. The gym offers CPR/AED, First Aid, Lifeguarding and Water Safety Instructor (WSI) programs. With these certifications under your belt, you’ll be ready for your next job.
Florida Southern College
111 Lake Hollingsworth Dr, Lakeland, FL 33801, United States
This local college has a swim team and offers a variety of helpful courses for swim instructors and lifeguards. The American Red Cross Lifeguard program covers CPR and First Aid and essential rescue skills. Upon completion, you’ll receive a two-year certification.
5152 Deeson Pointe Crt, Lakeland, FL 33805, United States
This club is a proud member of USA Swimming and has its own Masters team. The team practices throughout the week and helps you develop as a swimmer. The coach designs custom workouts that are suitable for swimmers of all skill levels. Improving your strength and endurance will help you become a better instructor.
715 Alicia Rd, Lakeland, FL 33801, United States
Learning how to dive can make you a better swim instructor. Another credential on your resume doesn’t hurt. Come to this shop to get your PADI Open Water Diver certification. You'll learn in a pool, which makes learning to dive safer and easier.
Citizen CPR Inc
1021 Lakeland Hills Blvd, Lakeland, FL 33805, United States
Come to this training school to get your CPR and First Aid certification. This place is an affiliate member of the American Heart Association. The school’s basic classes are suitable for swim instructors and lifeguards. More complex classes are also available for medical professionals.
Swimming Careers in Lakeland
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Lakeland.
- Pool Mold Technician: A pool’s shape can make or break it. Your job is to create fiberglass molds to create beautiful swimming pools for the people of Lakeland. You can work at Kristi’s Pool Service or James Pool Care.
- Disney Lifeguard: Relive your childhood when you work at this fun and exciting theme park. You’ll supervise guests, perform rescues and ensure everyone stays safe in the water. Walt Disney World Resort in Lake Alfred is a 30-minute drive from Lakeland.
- Lifeguard Student Employee: If you’re passionate about swimming and helping others, now is the time to discover a new career. Responsibilities include monitoring the pool area, saving those in need and cleaning the pool area. You’ll find work at Southeastern University in Lakeland.
- Amusement Park Lifeguard: There’s nothing more exciting than an amusement park. As a lifeguard, you’ll watch over various attractions at parks in and around Lakeland. LEGOLAND in Winter Haven looks for people to work at the waterpark when spring rolls around.
- Swimming Pool Store Manager: Help customers find the pool of their dreams while making sure a store runs smoothly. If you love being a leader and swimming, this job might be your calling. You’ll find work at Leslie’s Poolmart or Edward’s Pool Care in Lakeland.