If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for McDonough
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year certification from a local American Red Cross or American Heart Association course provider such as Faithful Guardian Training Center or The Beating Heart - CPR Training.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: After passing the written and practical exams, you’ll receive a certification from the American Red Cross. Courses are available at The Swim Center or Advanced Aquatics LLC.
- Access to reliable transportation: Henry County Transit (bus system that serves the county; Route 430 makes four stops before heading to the downtown terminal), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Yellow Cab in Town, Checker Cab of McDonough, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in McDonough
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key McDonough Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in McDonough.
The Swim Center
111 North Bethany Rd, McDonough, GA 30252, United States
Come for a swim at this local aquatic center. The outdoor pool has lanes for lap swimming and times set aside for water safety courses. The American Red Cross Lifeguard Training Program takes place here. Check their website for class times.
Faithful Guardian Training Center - Southside
191 Jonesboro Rd Suite B-C, McDonough, GA 30253, United States
If you’re looking for a comfortable atmosphere and hands-on learning, this training school has you covered. The CPR/AED and First Aid courses help people from a variety of backgrounds gain the confidence to succeed. As a swim instructor or lifeguard, you would be lucky to train here.
804 Forest Pkwy, Forest Park, GA 30291, United States
Come to this swim club if you’re ready to mentor the next generation of swimmers. The team promotes teamwork, sportsmanship and serving the community. If you want to help others and get more teaching experience, see if the team has any openings for coaches.
Advanced Aquatic LLC
11948 Turner Rd, Hampton, GA 30228, United States
This swim school offers everything from swimming lessons to water safety training. You can take American Red Cross Lifeguard Certification and Recertification courses here. Additionally, you can get your Swim Instructor certification course at this facility.
Peachtree Dive Center
1954 GA-54, Fayetteville, GA 30214, United States
Check out this local scuba diving instructor. Open Water Diver, Rescue Diver and Divemaster certifications are available here. You can also take water safety courses such as Lifeguarding and Water Safety Instructor (WSI) at this training center.
Swimming Careers in McDonough
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in McDonough.
- Recreation Center Coordinator: Your job is to maintain the pool area, enforce the rules, develop reports and coordinate operations. You can work at The Swim Center in McDonough or Georgia State University in Atlanta.
- Swimming Pool Monitor: If you like to clean, meet new people and work by the poolside, you'll love this job. Responsibilities include greeting guests, cleaning restrooms and checking the pool’s chemical balance. In McDonough, you’ll find work at Lake Dow Club or Gold’s Gym.
- Marine Interdiction Agent: Work on the frontline of U.S. Customs and Border Protection in this aquatic role. You’ll monitor the ports, interpret radars, direct arrivals to the appropriate areas and more. The good news is you can work in McDonough.
- Lake Lifeguard: People like to swim in a lake when a beach isn’t close by. As a lifeguard, you’ll enforce safety rules, perform rescues and let visitors know when it’s safe to swim. The City of Atlanta isn’t far from McDonough and is hiring for this position.
- Seasonal Lifeguard: Summertime is when school’s out and the pools start opening. If you’re looking for a seasonal job, become a lifeguard at a pool close to McDonough. Some facilities offer on-the-job training. You can work at Calvin Center in Hampton or the YMCA of Metro Atlanta.