If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Lebanon
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certifcation: Two-year American Red Cross certification from an accredited provider such as Health Care Training Center or CPR Services of Indiana.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certifcation: Earn a proper certification after passing the American Red Cross written and practical exams. Classes are available at Witham Family YMCA.
- Access to reliable transportation: Boone Area Transit System (bus system that operates on-demand throughout Lebanon, Whitestown, Fayette and surrounding areas), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Reliable Taxi LLC, Indianapolis Taxi Service, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Lebanon
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Lebanon Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Lebanon.
Lebanon Parks & Recreation
130 E Ulen Dr, Lebanon, IN 46052, United States
This city department is helpful for swimmers who want to advance their careers in the pool. As the weather approaches, American Red Cross courses in CPR, First Aid and Lifeguarding are offered at various facilities. Check the website to find a class time that works for you.
Witham Family YMCA
2791 N Lebanon St, Lebanon, IN 46052, United States
Work out in this local gym’s pool or sign up for a helpful class or certification program. There are lap swimming times and water aerobics classes. Additionally, American Red Cross Lifeguarding and Water Safety Instructor (WSI) courses are available. Recertification courses are offered for those who need to renew.
Health Care Training Center
1122 N Lebanon St, Lebanon, IN 46052, United States
Helpful courses for swim instructors and lifeguards are also available at this training school. CPR and First Aid are essential lifesaving skills. They are also certifications you need as a swim instructor or lifeguard. You can get your American Red Cross certifications here.
Lebanon Swim Club
4705 E 96th St, Indianapolis, IN 46240, United States
Check out this swim club for the next generation. Coming here is a great opportunity to mentor young swimmers. You might learn something new while helping others. Working for a swim team is a good opportunity to practice your skills and give back to the community.
Arthur M. Glick JCC
671 Hoover Rd, Indianapolis, IN 46260, United States
American Red Cross training is available at this local community center. There are Lifeguard courses, Lifeguard Review courses and Life Support courses for healthcare providers. Depending on your job, you can get all the two-year certifications you need in one place.
Swimming Careers in Lebanon
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Lebanon.
- Entry Level Lifeguard: If you’re new to the world of swimming, this job is the place to start. You’ll receive on-the-job training and learn how to supervise, save and help pool patrons. You can work for Lebanon Swim Club or Goldfish Swim School.
- Beach and Pool Supervisor: Feel like you’re living in a movie when you monitor the beach from your high chair. Don’t expect to stay in one place all day because you will also enforce pool rules. You’ll find work at Indiana Dunes State Park, which is a short drive from Lebanon.
- Lake and Pond Care Technician: Enjoy the great outdoors while making our planet a better place. You will clean ponds and lakes on a set route throughout Indianapolis. ASAP Aquatics hires applicants from nearby towns such as Lebanon.
- Pool Water Courier: Make sure the city pools are safe for swimming. You’ll be responsible for sampling pools weekly for bacteria. These samples will be sent to a laboratory for analysis. Work for Mic Air Inc. in Indianapolis, not too far from Lebanon.
- Swimming Pool Laborer: Work with your hands by working in pool construction. Your job is to help build and repair swimming pools across the city. This choice is challenging yet rewarding. In Lebanon, you’ll find job opportunities at Blue Haven Pool & Spa or Harmony Pools.