If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Louisville
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year American Red Cross certification obtained from an accredited organization such as Elite CPR & Safety Training or CPR Now!.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Complete a valid certification from an accredited organization with a passing score of 80% on the practical and written exams. Check out companies like Kentuckiana Pool Management and SafeSplash + SwimLabs for courses.
- Access to reliable transportation: Transit Authority of River City (bus system with fixed routes through the city and suburbs and express routes to high traffic areas), Main Street Trolley (free bus that primarily drives through downtown Louisville), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Louisville
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Louisville Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Louisville.
Lakeside SeaHawks Swim Team
1928 Woodburne Ave, Louisville, KY 40205, United States
There is plenty to choose from at this swim club. There are teams for everyone from kids to those competing at the national level. You will have the opportunity to compete in many competitions by joining this team.
Lakeside Swim Club
2010 Trevillian Way, Louisville, KY 40205, United States
There are both pools and lakes to swim in at this club. Lifeguarding courses are also offered at the facility. However, a membership is required to get into the pool area.
Northeast Family YMCA
9400 Mil Brook Rd, Louisville, KY 40224, United States
Hop into one of the pools at this facility. Then take some classes in CPR, First Aid, Lifeguarding and Water Safety. All programs are accredited by the American Red Cross.
55 2nd St, Louisville, KY 40202, United States
Life as a swim instructor can be stressful. This program is hosted inside the University of Louisville. It’s about using swimming to improve your physical and mental health.
4010 Dupont Cir suite I-11, Louisville, KY 40207, United States
Come here to fulfill all of your CPR and First Aid needs. There are also courses available for those working in healthcare. Courses are accredited by the American Heart Association.
Swimming Careers in Louisville
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Louisville.
- Deck Supervisor: As a lifeguard on deck, you ensure everyone is staying safe in and out of the water. You also help maintain the facility. Blue Ridge Manor housing developments like Trilogy Residential Management or Westdale Asset Management require pool deck supervisors.
- Dive Center Sales Associate: Advise customers interested in diving at this retail job. You must stay up to date on the latest products. Being an avid diver can be a big help here. Stores in Blue Ridge Manor like Louisville Dive Center are always looking for sales associates.
- Varsity Swim Coach: Do you love competing? If you do and have experience as a swimmer yourself, you are sure to love this job. You play a big part in motivating swimmers of all ages and abilities. The Kentucky Country Day team and the YMCA often need coaches in Blue Ridge Manor.
- Hotel Lifeguard: What could be better than combining your love of swimming with your love of hospitality? That’s a hard question to answer. Enjoy the atmosphere of the pool and save lives at the same time. Working at an indoor pool like one in AJS Hotels is a good idea in Blue Ridge Manor.
- Pool Installer: Try out repairing swimming pools. It’s a job that’s good for first-timers and those with construction experience. Plus the smiles on the faces of your customers after you finish a repair are definitely worth it! When Blue Ridge Manor’s swimming season arrives, organizations like River Pools Lousiville and My Pool and Patio hire pool installers.