If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Charlotte
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Take a two-year American Red Cross certification course at a local facility. Find courses at CPR Certification Charlotte or Code One CPR Training.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Pass the written and practical exams to get a valid certification from an American Red Cross approved organization. Check out classes at Lifeguard Charlotte Training Center and the YMCA of Greater Charlotte.
- Access to reliable transportation: Charlotte Area Transit System (CAT) Buses: ( bus system with 73 routes that serves Charlotte, Davidson, Huntersville, Cornelius, Matthews, Pineville and Mint Hill), CATS Light Rail (Lynx Blue Line train system that 26 stations throughout Charlotte and its suburbs), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Crown Cab - Charlotte, Charlotte Taxi Service, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Charlotte
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Charlotte Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Charlotte.
Aquatic Team of Mecklenburg
800 E.M.L.K Jr Blvd, Charlotte, NC 28202, United States
This team caters to everyone from kids to people training for the Olympic Trials. The team is a member of USA Swimming and North Carolina Swimming. The team competes in local and national competitions. There are intensive programs for those looking to swim at the college and competitive levels.
7835 Little Ave, Charlotte, NC 28226, United States
Do you need to work on your stroke technique? If you do, this facility offers specialty classes for each one. After going through the stroke workshops, try the endurance clinic that will help you train for long-distance races and triathlons.
Open Water Adventures
12210 N Tyron St, Charlotte, NC 28262, United States
Diving is a universal skill. You can dive into the pool and the open water. Take classes from this shop to get the certifications you need for your next deep-sea adventure. The certification process is thorough and practical.
Lifeguard Charlotte Training Center
7823 Sardis Rd #2757, Charlotte, NC 28270, United States
Learn everything you need to know about lifeguarding and water safety at this facility. This place offers a variety of swimming jobs that are great for anyone looking for a fun and rewarding summer. You can also get trained and certified as a lifeguard here.
Charlotte Safety Training
11677 Coddington Ridge Dr, Charlotte, NC 28214, United States
Get all of the training you need at this safety center. You can obtain your two-year American Red Cross Lifeguard certification here. The course also covers CPR/AED and First Aid training.
Swimming Careers in Charlotte
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Charlotte.
- Varsity Swim Coach: Swimming is a huge sport in Charlotte, so why not coach some of the city’s top athletes? As a varsity swim coach, you will motivate your team using encouragement and constructive feedback. The Aquatic Team of Mecklenburg and Charlotte Latin School Inc. need coaches.
- Swim School Customer Service Representative: Help others sign up for swim lessons in Charlotte. You will answer any questions and help people enroll their children in the appropriate classes. You can work at Charlotte Swim Academy or Charlotte Aquatics.
- Swim Event Coordinator: There are plenty of swimming events to put on. Pool parties and competitions are both popular in Charlotte. Check out Kiefer Aquatics and Swim Club Management Group for job opportunities.
- Pool Attendant and Groundskeeper: Check guests into the pool area and sanitize the area after they leave. In Charlotte, this is an opportunity to spend the day in the sun and have great conversations. Full House Marketing & Staffing NC and Life Time hire this position.
- City Lifeguard: This exciting opportunity will allow you to explore your beautiful city. Working for the City of Charlotte as a lifeguard will have you traveling to a variety of pools, including Cordelia Swimming Pool and Double Oaks Pool.