If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Mooresville
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Two-year American Red Cross or American Heart Association certification from a local course provider such GraceMed Training Institute or the American Red Cross.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: After passing the American Red Cross written and practical exams, you’ll receive a valid certification. Courses are available at the YMCA of Greater Charlotte or Huntersville Family Fitness and Aquatic Center.
- Access to reliable transportation: Mooresville Main (Iredell County’s bus route with stops throughout Mooresville, where you can pull the cord to stop anywhere as long as it’s safe), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Brian’s Taxi Service, Ace Taxi Cab, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Mooresville
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Mooresville Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Mooresville.
170 Joe Knox Ave, Mooresville, NC 28117, United States
Go for a swim at this local gym! Aqua Aerobics classes, Aqua Zoomba and Coached Swim Workouts are some of the classes offered in the pool. Additionally, water safety courses are available. The American Red Cross Lifeguarding and Water Safety Instructor (WSI) courses are great for swim instructors.
178 Ringneck Trail, Mooresville, NC 28117, United States
Learn one-on-one with a professional swim coach at this aquatic facility. This swim instructor specializes in athletic swimming training; courses include Fresh Freestyle and PaddleFit SUP instruction. You’ll learn skills that are helpful in the pool and the open water.
GraceMed Training Institute
470 N Broad St E, Mooresville, NC 28115, United States
Get the lifesaving skills you need to succeed in the pool this season! This emergency training school offers CPR and First Aid training to the general public and medical professionals. After completing this course, you’ll receive a two-year American Heart Association certification.
7823 Sardis Rd, Charlotte, NC 28270, United States
Kids come here for swim lessons while adults come to brush up on their skills. The Masters swim team supports personal growth at the competitive level. If you’re serious about swimming, join this team that caters to each person’s skill level. Each workout consists of two to five swimmers.
9850 Providence Rd, Charlotte, NC 28277, United States
Come to this massive facility if you’re looking for a swim group. The Mac-Fit swim class focuses on low-impact water workouts, while the adult group lessons teach beginners the basics. The Masters swim team helps competitive swimmers train for meets and open water races like triathlons.
Swimming Careers in Mooresville
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Mooresville.
- Pool Supervisor: Your job is to open and close and maintain the pool’s cleanliness and chemical balance daily. You’ll find work in a variety of settings. Job opportunities are available at Lowe’s YMCA in Mooresville or Swim Club Management Group in Huntersville.
- High School Swim Coach: Turn the swimmers of today into the swimmers of tomorrow! You will act as a mentor for high school swimmers competing in local meets and training to swim at the collegiate level. You can work at Mooresville High School or Norman Lake High School.
- Swimming Event Manager: If you know how to throw a good pool party, you might enjoy planning them for a living! You’ll work at local venues, handling everything from scheduling, decorations and everything in between. Mooresville’s Trump National Golf Club Charlotte or Northstone Country Club LLC in Huntersville are hiring.
- Custom Pool Builder: Spend the summer working in one of the hottest industries around. You’ll work with fellow builders to draft blueprints, determine client needs and build swimming pools throughout Mooresville. True North Pools Inc. and America’s Swimming Pool Company look for hard workers.
- Swim Camp Counsellor: This role will require you to work as a swim teacher or lifeguard. You will supervise children swimming, perform rescues and make swimming fun! Check out Lowe’s YMCA in Mooresville and Life Time in Charlotte for job opportunities.