If you’re interested in joining the team, here’s what you need to know!
Job Requirements for Dallas
As an AquaMobile swim instructor, you will need:
- Up to date First Aid & CPR certification: Completion of two-year American Red Cross certification at a local organization such as CPR Certification Dallas or Dallas CPR Education.
- Swim Instructor/Lifeguard certification: Pass the written and practical exams from the American Red Cross with a score of at least 80%. Take classes at Dallas Aquatics or the YMCA of Metropolitan Dallas.
- Access to reliable transportation: Dallas Area Rapid Transit (a system with 161 routes, four light rail tracks and a streetcar that travels through Dallas and 13 surrounding cities such as Fort Worth, Plano and more), Uber/Lyft (rideshare services), cab (Henry’s Cab Service, Butterfly Taxi DFW, etc.), personal car
- Two or more years of swim teaching/coaching and/or lifeguarding experience
- A love for swimming and a passion for teaching
Become a swimming instructor in Dallas
AquaMobile Instructor Core Values
At AquaMobile, we're passionate about ensuring every student has the best possible experience in and out of the water. That's why we pride ourselves on our strong, core values.
- Building Confidence Through Sport: Using positive reinforcement and encouragement, our swimming instructors promote self-confidence to foster a safe and comfortable learning environment.
- Water Safety: By possessing the proper certifications and integrating water safety skills as the foundation of every lesson, our swimming instructors ensure lessons are safe and fun for all ages.
- Flexibility and Responsibility: Our instructors have the flexibility to set their own schedules. All we ask is that you maintain up-to-date availability on your AquaMobile profile.
- Hands-On Teaching: We believe the best way to learn is by participating. You can't learn to swim on dry land, so as an instructor, you'll be getting clients into the water right away!
- Customer Focused: We want our clients to be happy, so we adopt a customer-focused approach to lesson planning. Any customer feedback should be used to influence future sessions.
Key Dallas Swimming Networks for Instructors
Continually developing existing skills and learning new ones is an essential l practice for a swimming instructor. Listed below are some helpful resources for skill improvement and certifications in Dallas.
833 Sunset Inn Cir, Dallas, TX 75218, United States
Here’s a hub for all things swimming. They offer swim lessons, water fitness and certification classes across the city. Water fitness courses help you build muscle, flexibility and endurance. Certifications include American Red Lifeguard Training and the Water Safety Instructor (WSI) course.
Select Team of Aquatic Racers
18018 Voss Rd, Dallas, TX 75287, United States
The team has affiliations with USA Swimming and North Texas Swimming. However, the swim team is geared more toward youth, but the American Red Cross classes are helpful for swim instructors though. Classes include CPR/AED and First Aid as well as Lifeguard Training.
T. Boone Pickens YMCA
601 N Akard St, Dallas, TX 75201, United States
Come to this gym in the heart of downtown Dallas. The swimming pool is spacious and has room for lap swimming and several classes. Get your American Red Cross First Aid, CPR and Lifeguarding certifications here. Certifications are valid for two years and help you get a job anywhere in the city.
University of Texas at Dallas Recreation Department
800 W. Campbell Rd, Richardson, TX 75080, United States
This campus recreation department offers a variety of helpful courses. Check out the CPR/AED, First Aid, Lifeguard and WSI certifications. Renew your certifications every two years by taking one of the university’s recertification courses.
CPR Certification Dallas
14155 Dallas Pkwy Ste 100, Dallas, TX 75254, United States
Learn CPR and First Aid step-by-step with an instructor who’s passionate about what he does. The certifications are accredited by the American Heart Association. If you like learning here, come back for your recertification in two years.
Swimming Careers in Dallas
Sometimes you can love something so much that you want to turn it into a career! Here are some of the options for swimming careers in Dallas.
- High School Swim Coach: Mentor the next generation of great swimmers. If you’re an experienced swimmer who wants to share your passion with others, this is the career for you. In Dallas, Woodrow Wilson High School and Hillcrest High School have swim teams.
- Parent/Child Swim Instructor: There’s nothing better than spending time with your loved ones. This role allows you to teach parents and children together. You’ll find work at a swim school such as Dallas Swim Kids or Dallas Infant Aquatics.
- Swim Aerobics Teacher: Help people get healthy in the pool this swimming season. Your job is to create lesson plans, teach classes and answer questions your students may have. Cooper Aerobics Enterprises and the Golf Club of Dallas hire people for this role.
- Pool Mechanic: Pools aren’t without their problems, so someone has to fix them. If you love working with your hands and making repairs, you’ll thrive in this role. You can work in a variety of settings. The City of Dallas and Four Seasons look for repair people.
- Water Park Lifeguard: Experience a water park’s fun and exciting atmosphere at this job. You’ll supervise attractions such as water slides, lazy rivers and wave pools. It’s hard not to smile in Dallas when you’re working at Great Wolf Lodge.