Business Development Coordinator
Job Description:AquaMobile is seeking a full time Business Development Coordinator to oversee one of the key segments of operations of the company. The BDC will report to the CEO and work closely with the CEO to learn and grow, eventually into a larger role. This dynamic, organized, self-starter will have a direct impact on AquaMobile’s continued growth. The BDC will ensure AquaMobile’s moving parts and people remain organized and efficient, and that AquaMobile continues to grow at a rapid pace, while staying on budget.
- Keep an eye on overall performance of AquaMobile - accountable for meeting revenue/growth objectives while staying on budget
- Prepare and analyse KPI reports on a weekly, monthly and quarterly basis and strategize based on findings
- Provide exemplary leadership to the team through ongoing feedback and support
- Keep the Team inspired, motivated and doing their best work; develop a team that embodies the AquaMobile culture
- Help Customer Acquisition, Instructor Acquisition and Tech Teams develop strategies and plans to grow efficiently
- Lead and participate in additional projects as directed
- Represent AquaMobile at work and at community events including startup events
- Min 2-3 years work experience in areas such as Sales, Business Development, Management, Tech, HR, Operations
- Must be a quick learner, driven to succeed and trainable – will be working closely with CEO to fast track your professional development and skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast paced, entrepreneurial, high-energy environment that requires the ability to manage and deliver on multiple projects and competing priorities
- Proven experience in identifying opportunities for improvement, efficiency and growth
- Strong understanding of identifying, setting and monitoring KPIs for projects and initiatives
- Ability to lead and work with diverse types of people
- Demonstrated Problem Solving and Decision Making skills
- Proven Analytical and Critical Thinking Skills
- Ability to network and build relationships
- Ability to identify, create and maintain strategic relationships and partnerships
- Experience leading/participating in creating strategic initiatives is a huge asset
- Experience providing outstanding customer service in a B2C environment is an asset
Compensation: Salary + Commission
About Us:AquaMobile is an award-winning, fast growing start-up known as “the Uber” of at-home swim lessons. We currently operate across the US and Canada and have recently launched in Australia. AquaMobile has been featured in Forbes, Globe & Mail, Huffington Post, and Inc., to name a few. The AquaMobile Team works from a relaxed & upbeat co-working space in downtown Toronto. The team works collaboratively every day, while focusing on individual tasks or small team projects. The Toronto team also works collaboratively with AquaMobile’s virtual sales & customer service team to integrate all aspects of the business seamlessly. We are obsessed with digital and local marketing techniques to rapidly grow our business & we understand the power of the internet. Most of all we care about teaching more people to swim, be safe around water, and gain confidence through sport.
- High performer: You’re not a 9-to-5er but a project completer
- Thirst for knowledge: You’re driven to constantly learn and self improve
- Problem Solver: You will solve problems and be immediately effective, contributing to AquaMobile’s direction
- Passion: You’re enthusiastic about what AquaMobile does and focused on achieving AquaMobile’s goals
- Responsible: You effectively manage your schedule to achieve amazing amounts of important work
- Attention to Detail: You’re friends call you “eagle eye” because nothing slips past you!
- Opportunities to advance quickly: If you can grow your skills and abilities as the company grows, you can move up quickly
- Interesting & diverse work: You will never be bored!
- Casual dress code: We like to be comfortable while we work
- Team socials: We like to have fun!
- Downtown Core office: We are located in Toronto’s financial district