Are you heading to the beach this summer? Organizing a beach vacation for the whole family can be tricky. Things get even more chaotic when plenty of swimming is involved. We always forget to pack one little thing!
Fear not! AquaMobile’s list of beach essentials has you covered. We also provide additional tips to help your family have the best beach vacation ever!
What to Pack…
We break down what you need to bring into four different categories: for the sun, for convenience, for safety and for health. Follow our guide and you will be catching rays on the beach in no time!
For the Sun
- Sun Hat
- SPF Protective Clothing
- Water to stay hydrated
- Aloe Vera gel to soother post-sun skin
You should always be safe in the sun. Sit somewhere shady with all of our essentials after getting out of the water. This can prevent heatstroke and keep you safe from skin cancer this summer. Always remember to take a break from being in the sun every once in a while.
- Swimsuits, swim diapers and spare clothing
- Swimming goggles and swim caps if necessary
- Towels (microfiber towels are great for travelling as they don’t take up much room)
- Plastic bags for wet clothing
- Toys for the beach (inflatable toys are the easiest to pack in terms of portability)
- Stain removing pens (such as Tide to Go stick)
Keep your family happy and healthy on your next vacation. Staying clean in and out of the water is as important as having fun. So you always come prepared for anything to happen at the beach. No one wants to spend the car ride home all wet after all!
- Emergency kit that includes bandaids and disinfectant
- Terrain-appropriate footwear
- Bug bite repellent
Anything can happen at the beach. So having the right equipment is essential to having a good time. Some beaches are rocky, which means water shoes should not be left behind. While if you plan to spend the night by the beach, you should have bug repellent.
- Water bottles to carry fluids for hydration
- Healthy Snacks for post-swim munchies(check out some of our favourites!)
Eating and drinking are without question things you need to do. At this beach, this does not change at all. Bring some refillable water bottles along. A healthy and balanced lunch is also a good idea when it comes to having fun in the sun!
Some additional tips:
- Always watch your children on your beach vacation. Bring a colourful umbrella to block out the sun and provide a landmark for children if they get lost.
- Consider bright, long-sleeved swimsuits or SPF protective clothing for children to prevent sunburn. The loud colours will help you identify their location.